• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Top ten worst discs made by innova/discraft

Just going on discs I've had or tried that weren't for me:

1. Champ Groove -Blech
2. Nuke OS - Not enough arm
3. Champ Monarch - Blech
4. Goblin - Never did what I wanted, then one day hit a wind gust and floated into a lake...YaY!
5. Star Aviar - Was excited to get it, hated throwing it...I'll stick with my DX, tyvm.
6. Champ Starfire - I'm a FH'er, and although most people like it for FH, I don't
7. Blizzard ____ - My buddy swears by them, but I certainly can't throw them
8. DX Leopard - I can't make it work...but I LOVE my CE (was going to sell it, but I'd rather throw it)
9. Z Glide - What's the point of this disc??
10. Any great disc that I somehow lost. F-You DG gods.

Ever play Blue RIbbon Pines in East Bethel MN? Hole #4, look it up....you will decide the Impact as one of the best discs ever made....straightest flight ever. no disc is straighter....no bends, just dead straight, no fade....look at #4 at Blue Ribbon, you'll know .

1. Groove
2. Birdie
3. Monarch
4. Archon
Of course no disc is the so-called "worst", but the discs listed above are ones I have no feel for, nor any desire to investigate their respective attributes further. I will say that my most constant golf playing partner throws a Groove as his overstable spike hyzer disc, and probably has more drives for birdie with it than any other disc in his bag... which include the Raging Inferno, the Wolf, and at one point the Birdie and the Archon. I also have a friend that loved the Monarch.

Innova:
Groove
Coupe
XD
Bulldog
Archangel
Wolf
Phirrana
Birdie (and it's stupid stamp)
Ram

Discraft:
Cyclone 2
XClone
Tracker
Maurader
Typhoon
Vortex
Phantom 2
Deuce
AvengerSS
X2

I know there is a bunch of trolling going on in this thread, but how could anyone ever think the TeeBird is one of the worst discs made???

1. Vulcan
2. Groove
3. Any Roc except flat top DX... Those are amazing
4. Wahoo
5. Birdie
6. Ape
7. Dominator
8. Comet
9. Beast
10. Nuke OS

wow you birdie haters don't know what your missing out on same with beast,vulcan,monarch,and spectra haters

Ok the comet might not have been fair to put on the list it is a good disc for alot of people. I have it a fair shot and I really don't like it. I bought 2 gave them a couple weeks in the bag then dumped them for GL fuses. Def not one of the worst ever made. I still hate them though.

there are no bad discs, just bad form

No... There are bad discs. Tell me with a straight face that Odyssey makes any disc that you can consider "good". Every manufacturer has discs that just fail. That is how they come out with great discs. It has all been trial and error since disc golf started.

Any + mold
Anything in R-pro plastic
Any distance driver in base plastic
All Ace Race discs except for the Meteor & Hornet
Anything made by Quest AT

No... There are bad discs. Tell me with a straight face that Odyssey makes any disc that you can consider "good".
Odyssey was a series of Quest AT discs, not the company. And yes, they are awful, although strangely enough they were the first example of an overmold.

My first tournament prize was an Odyssey midrange. It has never left my closet and for good reason.

Last edited:
1. Buzzz
2. Roc
3. Teebird
4. Aviar
5. Challenger
6. Nuke
7. Destroyer
8. Eagle
9. Leopard
10. Zone

images

Any + mold
Anything in R-pro plastic
Any distance driver in base plastic
All Ace Race discs except for the Meteor & Hornet
Anything made by Quest AT

Odyssey was a series of Quest AT discs, not the company. And yes, they are awful, although strangely enough they were the first example of an overmold.

My first tournament prize was an Odyssey midrange. It has never left my closet and for good reason.

I knew that (people say that all the time but i really did seriously lol). I have a migraine and the baby kept me up all night. Anyway yea they were the first with overmold. But that just further verifies my point their crappy over molded discs made way for MVP's good overmolded discs. Im sure MVP had at one point looked at those, then Said... ok good idea but why are these so bad? Then did it way better.
FYI I have a Turbo Putt on my wall. My first "putter" hahaha

Last edited:
there are no bad discs, just bad form

Even though you're probably being sarcastic, this is pretty much true.

A disc is only "bad" for you when it doesn't fit your grip.

By this definition, all distance drivers are terrible discs. I can't grip 'em worth anything.