• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Toro

You mess with the bull and you'll get the horns. Everyone remember that.

I'll probably buy one. The os mid is a spot I can't seem to lock down. Had my time with the Zone, BuzzzOS, Drone & Caiman. All good in their own way.

Previously I haven't been a fan of anything that I threw from Prodigy. But, the A2 is an amazing disc. It recently replaced the zone for me

I'm stoked for the Toro. Been waiting for a year! I have high hopes.

The Quake is an awesome disc. It's like the BuzzzOS but, improved...

I would recommend the A3 in the OS mid/approach slot as well.

How long before the Toro3 comes out? Any bets on the ToroX3 release? :popcorn:

Seems the Toro is a RatX, and the Rat was already flat topped.

Anyone got their hands on the pre-release/proto Pro Shop drop from last week yet?

I tried mine out today. First of all they feel amazing. The plastic is grippy and has a little give while still being firm enough to get a consistent release. Mine were all board flat and fit my hand really nicely for both forehand and backhand. As for the flight it is certainly overstable. It seems like one of those weird discs that the harder you throw it the more overstable it gets. I was not getting the same distance as I do with a zone for comparison. One other weird thing, I was having a hard time getting a clean release for whatever reason on my forehands with it. It feels very similar to a zone so I'm not sure what was going on. Going to have to mess around with it a bit more before I really firm an opinion on it.

DGA Quake is what you need in your life..

Is DGA Proline the equivalent of Discraft's ESP? Do DGA discs have that awful braille engraving on the inner rim that Discraft has?

The Zone is what I have in the os mid spot right now. I think I prefer the 4-speed os mids where the 5's (like the BuzzzOS) are too much for my backhand.

If the Toro is a Zone clone than I'd make that change to not deal with the Discraft braille engraving. It really gets on my nerves. I like Discraft a lot but that has got to stop.

Is DGA Proline the equivalent of Discraft's ESP? Do DGA discs have that awful braille engraving on the inner rim that Discraft has?

The Zone is what I have in the os mid spot right now. I think I prefer the 4-speed os mids where the 5's (like the BuzzzOS) are too much for my backhand.

If the Toro is a Zone clone than I'd make that change to not deal with the Discraft braille engraving. It really gets on my nerves. I like Discraft a lot but that has got to stop.

PL is very similar to ESP but not exact, no inner rim tooling.

Big Z would be the closest comparison to the current Proline. The new DGA tour series are probably closer to Esp.

No engraving.

If you prefer 4 speeds the Quake probably isn't for you. It's def a 5 speed mid. Workable but overstable.

Looks like Innova finally might have made a Zone copy. I love the zone but I like Innovas plastic more so heres to hoping it lives up to the numbers.

I like Star over ESP but I think Discraft is winning everywhere else. Jawbreaker, Putterline, Z, Special blends all go to Discraft.

My main gripe with Discraft is the lettering on the inside rim. I have to regrip off the lettering so much.

I like Star over ESP but I think Discraft is winning everywhere else. Jawbreaker, Putterline, Z, Special blends all go to Discraft.

My main gripe with Discraft is the lettering on the inside rim. I have to regrip off the lettering so much.

I might be in the minority here but I think Discraft has the worst plastic in the game, at least feel wise. Durability is top notch but I find their plastic very slippery. Of course feel is subjective.

I might be in the minority here but I think Discraft has the worst plastic in the game, at least feel wise. Durability is top notch but I find their plastic very slippery. Of course feel is subjective.

Big Z is slick for sure. I avoid it.

I think ESP is everything I could ask for in my throwers. Really durable & good grip.

I have to agree with you about their plastic. I find their only premium plastic that is marginally decent is their ESP.

I must be an odd duck because I actually search for that lettering when I throw as it kind of gives me some extra traction and snap.

I have to agree with you about their plastic. I find their only premium plastic that is marginally decent is their ESP.

I must be an odd duck because I actually search for that lettering when I throw as it kind of gives me some extra traction and snap.

I feel like my fingertips would shred apart if I tried it.

Their premium plastics are almost all slippery for me too. I find even if the top flight plate is grippy, the underside and inside rim are almost always slick.

Toro's are back in stock so I ordered a pair. They didn't offer color choices which was a bit odd.

How is this Star Toro plastic stiffness wise? I like Star unless it is in either extreme, floppy or super hard which I've had both in the past.

Previously I haven't been a fan of anything that I threw from Prodigy. But, the A2 is an amazing disc. It recently replaced the zone for me

I finally got an A2 last week and instantly bagged it. They say I'm crazy, since I'm still bagging and throwing a Zone and a Stego.

But it goes markedly farther than a Stego, and dumps markedly faster than a Zone. Markedly may only be 30 or so feet, but dem's birdies! I just accept a more putter-centric game.

Now this Toro. I don't need this new drama. Y'all know the meme of handsome guy ogling the hottie over his shoulder while holding hands with his girl? That's my reaction.

I'll probably give it a pull, maybe it can take over the dual A2 Zone role. Stego is going nowhere.

Latest posts