• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Towne Lake DGC- Mckinney, TX

We moved 2,3,13 to B position today,something is wrong with the lock on 15,the city is going to see if they can get it unlocked.Hole 14 B is being fixed today so we should be able to move that basket,Hole 2 should be a nice change this is the first time for the basket in that position

I'm visiting Dallas DFW (From Austin) today with a group of friends and we will be playing Towne Lake. Unfortunately I left my discs in Austin so I have to run by Play it Again first, but hopefully we will tee off between 1:30 and 2:00 if anyone is interested in tossing with some Austin frolfers. =)

Hey Zombay what did you think of the course? Billy aced hole 11 today with a flick down the left hand side. Haleigh splashed out of 18 on her second shot.

The course has been mowed,moved hole 14 long.The lock on 15 is not opening, the city is going to get it removed so we can move 15 long.Everything will stay long for a couple more weeks,After the Wilson Creek tournament everything will be in the shorts.This tourney should be fun,play 72 different holes(Alex Clark,1 round short,1 round long,Towne Lake 1 round Blue tee to B sleeve 1 round Red tee to A sleeve),Sunday mini 10:00,ace starting at $200.

Can anyone explain the rationale behind the distances posted on the tee signs? Many of them are way off from real line-of-sight distances, even straight holes. I lasered most of the holes when I played the course in April and was disappointed to see that on such a nice course that obviously had a ton of work put into it and had those gorgeous Houck tee signs... something as simple as accurate distances seemed to have been overlooked.

The city rushed us on the tee signs. Most holes were not even cleared yet, so anything, but gps was useless. You would have to see the place before hand to get the idea ( you were more than welcome to come out and help ) The stakes used to mark locations were mowed over and lost. The contractor the city used also place some tee pads in the wrong place. Some tees were moved because the city passed an ordinance that made all trees in floodplains protected, which stopped all clearing. All of this happened after the tee signs were made.

Hope this answers your question.

FYI - Practice will help your game more than wandering around with a laser scope :)