• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Towne Lake DGC- Mckinney, TX

played the course yesterday, and i think over time this will be the best course in the area
i will try to get a review up in the next few days

Hole 6 got a little easier. Some douche bag cut the limb down. Not Ron, another douche bag :)

Ron and I cleared the path from 5 to 6 and cleaned up 12 alt position.

Last edited:
Yes it sad but what can we do when people think this is a private course? Someone told the city it was a danger ? We can't do anything to change what has happened.I was a little upset when I heard what had happened,but I'm ok now.It's still a good hole just not as good as before.They did start mowing today and it looks good,I will set the drop zone on hole 8 today(concrete).

3 of us are driving up Sat to play this weekend for the first time. I really can't wait. Thanks you guys for all the hard work.

The course was mowed and holes 3,7,12 are in the long position,get signed up for the March 1st tourney.If you can't play then come out and help.Thanks

My brother played the coures and said it really sucks. Too much potential to lose plastic. He is a member of this site but is afraid to write a review due to E bullying he might recieve like others who have not given the course a good review.

If it is me he is worried about, I'll only complain if the review isn't warrented and I won't attack him unless he asks why it was rated unhelpfull. If you just say, it sucks too easy to loose discs. That isn't really true. Nobody has a gun to your head forcing you to go for the basket, all the water holes can easily be pared with a simple layup. This isn't a pitch and putt. It is a thinking mans course. It isn't nearly as treterouse as Bethany Lakes in Allen. If he wants to explain that it isn't an easy walk in the park, that is fine. Let people know this is an advanced players course. If you can't hack it go play the Alex Clark down the street. To say a course suck becuase it is too difficult for you doesn't help people who are looking at this site trying find good courses to play.

My brother played the coures and said it really sucks. Too much potential to lose plastic. He is a member of this site but is afraid to write a review due to E bullying he might recieve like others who have not given the course a good review.

I think I can agree with your brother. I found the creek 5 times on Sundays mini. Tied the record.

Maybe it's just me but I can't resist taking a poke at the guy who actually cares what a random group of semi-anonymous people might think about his review. I would recommend your brother play L.L.Woods. No water but there are some fenced in backyards a couple of hundred feet off of some of the fairways that might come into play for him.:p

I hated to hear about hole 6. Not sure what I hate more the fact that the appearance of the hole just won't be quite the same or the thought that S. Harris might get a slight advantage on one hole.

Will someone please talk to the city. The first tree(left side of tee box) on hole 11 is killing me and my score. E-bully thanks for the voodoo it's perfect for hole 6.

Latest posts