• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trilogy Challenge 2015

Yep, no PDGA required. The whole point of the Trilogy Challenge (besides getting people excited about the brands) is to get the minimum number of discs in people's hands so that they could go play a round of DG. They also don't have to pay much more than a starter pack at a store for discs with more durable plastics.

Anyone thrown any of this years discs yet? I'd like a rough idea of how they fly before showing up. Might just have to learn on the go though.

Anyone thrown any of this years discs yet? I'd like a rough idea of how they fly before showing up. Might just have to learn on the go though.

I read somewhere the Sampo is slightly US - don't know how different that will be from the Seer or the Hatchet, or the Underworld.

Still a week or so to go before the first Trilogy Challenges are scheduled, so it's only a matter of time before folks will have a chance to throw them and report. Unless you're playing an early TC, I'd wager you'll get your rough idea before you get the discs.

Hosting on the first day, 5/30. Order's in and paid, but no discs yet.

I received a few of each today from Latitude 64°. The macana is a great strait putter, less stable than a shield, but more over stable than a swan. The evidence right out of the box is super straight, sometimes with a touch of turn and a straight finish if thrown properly. The sampo is slightly over stable, with a good neutral flight and a glidey left fade. Hope this helps.

I received a few of each today from Latitude 64°. The macana is a great strait putter, less stable than a shield, but more over stable than a swan. The evidence right out of the box is super straight, sometimes with a touch of turn and a straight finish if thrown properly. The sampo is slightly over stable, with a good neutral flight and a glidey left fade. Hope this helps.

Sounds like a perfect trio for a 3 disc round to me.

If I were to play a 3 disc round it would be PD, Truth, Mercy. Sounds like a similar lineup.

Dynamic Discs posted videos of Cory Obermeyer throwing all TC discs on their Youtube channel. I'll give these flight numbers based on what I saw and what Cory told in the video (distances etc).

Elasto Sampo: 9 / 5 / 0 / 2.5
Fuzion Evidence: 5 / 5 / -1.5 / 1
Retro Macana: 2 / 4 / 0 / 1

Last edited:
Dynamic Discs posted videos of Cory Obermeyer throwing all TC discs on their Youtube channel. I'll give these flight numbers based on what I saw and what Cory told in the video (distances etc).

Fuzion Evidence: 5 / 5 / -1.5 / 1
Retro Macana: 2 / 4 / 0 / 1

So its a Saint pro, a beat Truth, and a Judge. That works.

When has westside ever been accurate with their numbers? Looks more like it will s not hold a rope like a traditional 0/2.5

Scratch that, it's a 2.1 mm rim (larger diameter than the Villain though, for example). It's listed under Latitude 64 in the approved discs list, no wonder I couldn't find it!

11 / 5 / 0 / 2

Last edited:

Latest posts