• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Trilogy Straight flying putter

Sonormcneal

Par Member
I'm looking to switch to trilogy and will be getting a harp for my OS approaches and drives, but was trying to replace my Nova and need a straight flying putter both off the tee and approaches. I was looking at the shield, mercy, pure and maybe warden. And go....

Stick with the Nova...

Seriously though pick up a Pure. Quite a few of my friends who throw Trilogy plastic love it. They all use it for a straight backhand driving putter. A majority of them seem to prefer Opto...could just be my group of friends though.

pure from that list... or a judge if you want the extra tick of stability. (this is coming from time mostly with the shield and a nova... just not in the same ballpark imho)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

As some of the above have said: stick with that Nova. :) :thmbup:

I putt with the Warden in Classic plastic. The Warden in Fluid plastic is very straight, and if they would come out with the Warden in Lucid or Fuzion, I'd probably use that as my straight throwing putter.

Having said that, I've thrown the Lucid Judge and the Opto Pure. The Pure is straight and probably the farthest flying putter I've thrown.

Opto Pure is a really nice straight flying putter.

Everyone should own an Opto Pure.

Opto Pure.
Flies straight, lands straight.

True but the spike was always my straight putter alongside a fresh pure.

The pure should have a little fade when new specially if a good opto run. Spikes are lasers off the shelf but dont get the same love as the pure. They were always pretty interchangeable for me inside the circle and driving. I just used the spike like a pure with more glide/no fade.

Are you being sponsored by Trilogy?

no, i already have an Innova/Discmania bag thats set and finally have some extra spending money and thought it would be cool to work on an all Trilogy bag. I also just know the slots I'm looking to fill and b/c i don't know a ton of the Trilogy discs, I'm asking all the experts here on what i might look for

I have found that my Zero Medium Sinus flies pretty straight once it got beat in. Too bad, I liked the fade it used to have.

I like all varieties of Pures, so pick up a couple and try them as well.

Opto Pure will be pretty much point and shoot. A BT Hard Pure will do the same and beat in to slightly understandable. I bag both and love them.

does the Opto still skip once it hits the ground? i like that i know my Nova just sticks to the ground once it lands and i kinda want that but not sure which plastic would do that and maybe whats the difference in the soft, Med, or Hard plastics

does the Opto still skip once it hits the ground? i like that i know my Nova just sticks to the ground once it lands and i kinda want that but not sure which plastic would do that and maybe whats the difference in the soft, Med, or Hard plastics

The opto would have more of a chance to skip than say the classic soft or super soft. Similar skip chances from champion aviars for example.

Classic/BT Hard/Zero Hard is stiff
Classic Soft/BT Soft/Zero Soft is flexible
Classic Blend/BT Medium/Zero Medium is a mix of the two above (or a middle of the road type)
Super Soft/Megasoft is tacoable.

The opto will have a tendency to skip. I would say stick with Zero Soft or Zero MegaSoft... best thing to do would be to go to a store and hold them in your hand if you can. I can't really comment past that as I don't bag softer plastics.

True but the spike was always my straight putter alongside a fresh pure.

The pure should have a little fade when new specially if a good opto run. Spikes are lasers off the shelf but dont get the same love as the pure. They were always pretty interchangeable for me inside the circle and driving. I just used the spike like a pure with more glide/no fade.

I should have tried this putter a long time ago. I only ever liked the Pure in Gripline and the old single blend Zero.

Pure.

You can hyzerflip this putter reallly far. like 20' past where you meant to put it. The Pure is the first disc I used that gave me absolute confidence going straight from 100'-250'. That was always a weirdly touchy range, but now I've got it locked down.

I throw Opto and Zero Mediums now that my Grip line is sidelined.

The Opto was not any more stable than the other blends.

Latest posts