• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trusted Reviewer Stats (as of Feb. 2009)

I have been out of commission for over a month . . . I hate it when work gets in the way of disc golf and other fun activities . . I only have one more review to write to be 100% because I deleted my old review since it was about the winter course at a regular course I am hoping that is the review that gets me to 300 votes. I am 21 short right now I think.

I have played disc golf 2-3 times a week but not at new courses. I haven't had a chance to get out of town for a new course. I am looking forward to September and October and November!!!!

I have been out of commission for over a month . . . I hate it when work gets in the way of disc golf and other fun activities . . I only have one more review to write to be 100% because I deleted my old review since it was about the winter course at a regular course I am hoping that is the review that gets me to 300 votes. I am 21 short right now I think.

I have played disc golf 2-3 times a week but not at new courses. I haven't had a chance to get out of town for a new course. I am looking forward to September and October and November!!!!

I'll race you. :D I'm forty back of getting gold at last count, and have several new courses on the docket in the next few weeks. Then it'll be the race to diamond right? ;):rolleyes:

I seemed to have peaked. I have 2 more reviews to write and I will be all caught up. I can't write a review on my extinct course. I really need to make a trip to michigan or kentucky to pump up my numbers. So I am stuck on silver and out of nearby options having played everything within 50 miles of me. I am currently injured as well so I can t really go make a road trip to play right now either. Grrrrr!

People around here seem to be really territorial about their courses. I have a boatload of negatives that will never go away. Oh well, I am going to continue being honest.

HaHa someone in Jersey hates my guts because all of my jersey reviews got slammed. Sorry gotta be honest as well! I am amazed at some of the ratios of the TRs Its like they never piss anyone off or do they rate everything just a wee bit above what the course deserves?

I am in the process of going back through and getting all the courses that I have played reviewed. It would be nice to have that 100% and get enough votes to finally become a trusted reviewer. I was wondering if reviewing a course that I played in January would be ok. I still have some notes from the course and some pics and videos of us playing, but like I said it was back in January, thought you trusted guys could give me some advice?

I am amazed at some of the ratios of the TRs Its like they never piss anyone off or do they rate everything just a wee bit above what the course deserves?

I'm sitting at about 99% positive rating, but I just call it like I see it, and I think the rest is just luck. Of course there is a lot of time spent trying to make the review as good as possible - but in the end I believe there is some luck involved in getting high ratings.

(Waahoo - post 700 - oh my I spend too much time here! :) )

I think that if you have pictures and notes, and that you feel like these are enough to help you remember the course well enough to write accurately about it then you're fine. That's just my opinion though, others may disagree.

I am in the process of going back through and getting all the courses that I have played reviewed. It would be nice to have that 100% and get enough votes to finally become a trusted reviewer. I was wondering if reviewing a course that I played in January would be ok. I still have some notes from the course and some pics and videos of us playing, but like I said it was back in January, thought you trusted guys could give me some advice?

Personally, I have rarely written a review that I haven't freshly played, but it does happen. Have you played the course a lot, or just once? I would tend to believe a person more who had a 5+ but hadn't played the course in a few months over a person who has only played it once.

Also, are you ever going to get to play the course again. If not - I say write the review sooner rather than wait. If you are going to within the next 6 months - I would say wait and write the review then. Most of the courses I haven't reviewed on my played list are courses I just haven't played in a long time, but am planning on playing in the future - so I just bide my time to make sure I'll have an accurate and up-to-date review when I get out there again.

I think that if you have pictures and notes, and that you feel like these are enough to help you remember the course well enough to write accurately about it then you're fine. That's just my opinion though, others may disagree.

That does play greatly into your hand, but unless you add that little tid bit of info in the review itself - all anyone will ever see is date played and date reviewed so it's something to factor.

Thanks for the advice guys. The couple that I want to review are in California. Back in January I went out there and played a few course. I reviewed some of them, but didn't do a couple, i must admit to my ignorance here, I didn't know then how totally great this site is back then. I don't think I will be getting out there again for another year or more, so I think I will go a head and write the reviews. I have already started typing up one and will make sure that I include in the notes that I haven't played it since Jan. Hopefully a couple of you can check out the first one and let me know if I should even bother with the second. Thanks again for the advice.

Alright so I went a head and did the review for the first course Morley Field DGC, in San Diego. I put in the notes that I had played it almost 6 months ago and that i had notes and pics. hopefully folks will see this and take it seriously, not just look at the dates played and reviewed.

Nice job on the review of Morley, that was the course I learned to play on. I thought your review was accurate and plenty detailed, so you're fine.

I just had to see what it looked like in a post . . .

Originally Posted by optidiscic
I am amazed at some of the ratios of the TRs Its like they never piss anyone off or do they rate everything just a wee bit above what the course deserves?

I'm sitting at about 99% positive rating, but I just call it like I see it, and I think the rest is just luck. Of course there is a lot of time spent trying to make the review as good as possible - but in the end I believe there is some luck involved in getting high ratings.

I have a pretty good ratio but there is a newer course I am going to review that I know I am going to get slammed for. It is one of those hyped courses that just opened that I really didn't think that much of. I am going to play it a few more times just to be sure but the one thing I am sure of is it is going to wreck my ratio.