• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ugliest Disc you still bag

Keith H

Eagle Member
Wondering what the ugliest disc you still bag.

I have an old discraft x XS. Beat up like crazy, it was a disc I got to begin learning how to dye. Never got the stamp off right and the dye didn't take right. Then I tried some sharpie art, that was a fail. Now its to the point of almost all black sharpie. I have given it away, found it back for sale at PIAS, thrown it repeatedly on water holes where I expect to lose a disc, it always comes back. I don't like the feel (too stiff and slick) it is ugly as heck and does not even have my phone number anymore, but I keep bagging it because it flies so far and keeps coming back.

Do you have an ugly disc you still bag?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1434482849624.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1434482849624.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 285
Yeah, me too. I'm way to anal to bag an ugly disc.

I feel the same way. I don't think any of my discs are "ugly." In terms of how worn out they are, I would have to say that my Discraft Xpress has taken a beating. From being shanked to having my dog fetch the disc and teeth marks in it.

I have a really trashed Proline Illusion that rides with me on competitive rounds bc it is just the best overhand disc in the history of DG. It flips so quickly that I can pretty well throw it straight and it will land directly in line with where I threw it.

It is hideously knicked up but it just keeps parkin' birds

I have a DX Valkyrie; the guy I got it from scrawled some sort of reference to female genitalia in sharpie over the top of the hotstamp and the word "JHURKFACE" below. There is something else written in huge letters on the back. Because I throw rounds with my daughters, I had to take a sharpie and make the top a huge blackout section.

Even without all the sharpie, it would be hideous as it is beat to death.

I would have thrown it away due to the word at the top, but I was out of town when I got it and lost my other DX Valk. I threw it out of necessity. You can hyzerflip it and throw a mean backhand roller with it, so I kinda got used to it. The people I play with a lot refer to it by name i.e. "Ya gonna throw Jhurkface?"

I don't buy ugly discs, even used and cheap. Now war scars on old faithfuls, that's different.

I have this flx buzzz from years ago and I tried a shaving cream dye on it that looked pretty weak. I then experimented with a brainwave style in green with some red dye powder, and it came out looking weird and moldy. It's still in great shape and stops on a dime for approach hyzer shots.

Attachments

• 20150402_084344.jpg
    20150402_084344.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 147
If I had to pick an ugliest from my stockpile, this would be it. Spraypainted this mofo back in 2004 roflmao, it is a DX Roc. It still flies like a Roc and the paint added fractions of a gram.
2rvxv6c.jpg

I have an old glo Orc that doesn't glow anymore. It is just kind of this worn clear yellowish color now. I guess its ugly but really its just old.

Most of my discs are wiped because I like the simple look. Usually, the only ink on my discs will be on the inside of the rim so I can't noticeably see it. I'll keep an ugly inked, dyed, warped, or scuffed up disc as long as it flys well though. I got a 155 S Wizard that looks like dump, but it's still my go-yo for most approaches. I doubt most people would even want it if found on the course. If I had to guess, ugly discs are probably much more likely to be returned than brand spankin new discs, which is a nice "ugly" perk .

Dude, it is a piece of my childhood... I was a senior in high school when I bastardized that poor Roc lol, it is one of the few remaining discs from my original collection, before my bag got stolen from my car.

I am stingy with my Crac Roc, I plan to squander it all by myself rofl. I still take it out whenever I feel nostalgic. It used to have clear coat on it, but that all chipped away, soon the blue DX plastic should be unearthed again. Wonder how the stamp fared... Rofl

Last edited:
The only one that I have that is ugly and bagged is a BT soft Harp that's flight plate looks rougher than Lake Erie but still flys pretty good. Still use it a ton too.

Mine is probably my VIP Underworld. Bright yellow with a pink stamp. Sweet stamp, if only it were in black or other dark color instead of almost fading into the disc.

Lesson to be learned, mail ordering discs is like a blind-date at times :p .

Light 167 PMD2 That is a worn out turnover beauty. Favorite and defintely ugliest disc in the bag lol

Latest posts