• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Unique Tee Signs

5slamma

Par Member
Post photos of unique tee signs here that meet any of these criteria:

-unique in any way
-it just looks awesome
-sexy, modern, different
-vandal proof, indestructible
-any tee sign that has been present for 5+ years and still standing is a good candidate

the ones at shelton springs are made out of concrete :thmbup:

attachment.php

Attachments

• d8907a0f.jpg
    d8907a0f.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 428
The ones at OSU are on a plaque on a concrete stand, and yes, that's the grooved concrete of the tees (the angle of the pic is a little odd: the plaque is angled, not horizontal)
d506c141.jpg

...and yep, the distances are marked in yards.
Not feet (traditional) or meters (global), but yards. :\

Some of the signage at The Twilight Zone is on bowling balls on a post or billiard balls (already numbered!), hanging from a branch above. :)
7784022d.jpg

Nice pics. I'm lucky to even get a numbered peg in the dirt for the teebox with the hole number. Some courses have nice signs, nothing unique, but wow, I need to get out more.

The tee signs at Perkerson Park (in transitional n'hood near downtown Atlanta) were designed to be highly vandalism resistant. We made custom sign posts with 2" x 2" hollow metal pole welded to 1/4" steel plate. We mounted metal Houck signs onto the plates, then covered that with 3/8" Lexan sheet. 10 screws go through the Lexan and signs to attach to the plate. The Houck signs mount to the steel plate with strong adhesive. The sign posts were filled with concrete.

We've had no issues with vandalism. A large tree fell directly on one sign (#11), bending the top plate pretty good, but not even bending the post. The sign was mounted above a retaining wall near the creek and the force of the tree broke a 5' section of the wall. These signs are stout.

Sign post pics here: http://perkersondiscgolf.com/news/2013/12/17/sign-post-pics/

816ca7c9_m.jpg

A large tree fell directly on one sign (#11), bending the top plate pretty good, but not even bending the post. The sign was mounted above a retaining wall near the creek and the force of the tree broke a 5' section of the wall. These signs are stout.

Holy Cow! :eek:
Sounds like those fit the OP's description pretty darn well!

Great suggestions so far. A few I'm really interested to see are some that low to the ground. Also looking for newer signs from newer courses that may not have been standing long but incorporate innovative ideas and stand out as awesome.

picture.php

I always liked the hand-painted signs at Chili DGC. a few of them have held up or have been redone, but a lot of them are getting pretty beat up.

New signs at Kaposia designed by Custom Course Maps.

attachment.php

Attachments

• KaposiaSign.jpg
    KaposiaSign.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 297
I am a big fan of the Estabrook Park Tee Signs. The screw shows current pin location. Overall sleek design.

Attachments

• estabrook tee sign.jpg
    estabrook tee sign.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 108
This isn't a particularly unique design, but I think it's worth mentioning to make people aware of it, because it's a nice, inexpensive option. A store in the Atlanta area (I think DiscStalker) printed signs for my local course on boards of PVC with the same process that is used for "Supercolor" discs, for $4 apiece. The PVC boards are thick enough to be screwed into the wooden signs from the back, so there are no unsightly screws exposed on the top. Depending on your location, it might also be a good idea to install some kind of clear, durable sheet over this, to ward off vandalism.

The images were hand-drawn in Open Office Draw, and converted to .pdf files for the printer. This means you can be as creative as you like with your images, and get your signs printed for surprisingly cheap. :thmbup:

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0307.jpg
    IMG_0307.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 235
^ For those unfamiliar with the course, who may be confused by the layout shown here, there are two permanent tee pads and two permanent baskets on each hole. There are, therefore, two tee signs per hole, showing the distance to both baskets from the current tee pad. This is the tee sign for the #2 "Gold" tee pad, showing distances from the Gold tee pad to the Gold basket, and from the Gold tee pad to the Silver basket. Distances from the silver pad are on its sign. Local sponsors helped pay for the course installation, and are recognized on most of the holes.

Last edited:
This isn't a particularly unique design, but I think it's worth mentioning to make people aware of it, because it's a nice, inexpensive option. A store in the Atlanta area (I think DiscStalker) printed signs for my local course on boards of PVC with the same process that is used for "Supercolor" discs, for $4 apiece.

Is $4.99 the cost of the printing alone, or did that cover the cost of the PVC boards too?

My question is for the signs that have washers that designate pin locations: I've noticed that on some of the courses that I play, either the washer wasn't changed when the course knowingly change the basket position or some other golfers changed it. How can this be minimized? A see through plastic lock box around the washer would be my suggestion, but that requires $$$. Any other ideas?

I'm not sure, but I think it was $4 for the printing. I think the PVC was acquired separately.

A 4'x8' sheet of 1/8" PVC sheet is roughly $100. That gives you 32 1'x1' pieces at $3 a piece. The ones pictured were said to be thicker and that would make them more expensive but if you aren't worried about screwing through the front they are pretty cheap. And its basically $100 per 1/8" thickness so $200 for 1/4" etc.

Latest posts