• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Upper Park Designs Backpack Bags

You (and others here) are madmen lol. I fit 8 drivers total on the outside since I'm not comfortable putting thicker discs in those elastic side pockets, 3 up top, and 2+2 on the middle and bottom center pockets. 15 for me and I'm nervous to add any others.

YMMV and all that...

:D Yeah, as time goes by, I am slowly adding more and more. I just can't stop myself. Soon I'll find a way to fit discs in the front storage compartment haha.

Yeah, this is true, I still baby the heck out of mine but I can fit 3 putters and 1 distance driver in the middle top pocket. I do that frequently with no issue. So I'm running 20 currently with 5 on both sides and 10 total in the middle pockets. It just becomes a little tricky getting discs in and out quickly from that middle top pocket because there are 4 in there and I take my putters in and out all of the time. But I've perfected that by keeping the distance driver behind the 3 putters. And so everything moves in and out easy. If I wanted to, like you said, I could get 6 on each side for a total of 22. And, quite frankly, there is plenty of space to do that, as you said. But again, I am still treating it like it is new, and don't want to stretch those elastic straps, built in to the top of those 4 side pockets, out permanently. But, give it a few months, and I'll probably give up on that, and run 22 constantly. The elastic seems sturdy and can handle the stress well.

You (and others here) are madmen lol. I fit 8 drivers total on the outside since I'm not comfortable putting thicker discs in those elastic side pockets, 3 up top, and 2+2 on the middle and bottom center pockets. 15 for me and I'm nervous to add any others.

YMMV and all that...

LOL! I can appreciate that sentiment. I've had that issue with other bags. However, the UPDs are just SO well made, I haven't felt unsafe at all. I even leave my bag in my car with the side pockets still loaded up - summer and winter, alike.

I'll also stuff a utility disc or two in the bottom of the main compartment instead of using the inner side pockets lately. Just easier to get to if I need them. Plenty of room down there anyway, even when carrying an extra hoodie or jacket.

YMMV and all that...

I'm with you. I hate over stuffing dg bags, even though I've been guilty of it.

15-16 discs is all you really need anyway.

Man these things are tanks- I put 12 drivers in the outside pockets, no issues. Typically though I use it now as my putter bag and just fill it with a bunch of putters, 16-18 or so.

Man these things are tanks- I put 12 drivers in the outside pockets, no issues. Typically though I use it now as my putter bag and just fill it with a bunch of putters, 16-18 or so.

18 putters? Has to be a troll post lol.

POIDH

I wasn't sure if he only uses putters or also brings a second and third bag for mids/drivers.

18 putters? Has to be a troll post lol.

POIDH

73d434b81871956feaf23df5122cb613.jpg

21. It happened friend.

Practice putting only- it's easier for me to grab this bag full of putters than it is a bin. Plus then I have a place for a water bottle, my keys, phone, towels, etc. while I'm at the practice green and that stuff isn't just floating around with a stack of putters.

73d434b81871956feaf23df5122cb613.jpg

21. It happened friend.

Practice putting only- it's easier for me to grab this bag full of putters than it is a bin. Plus then I have a place for a water bottle, my keys, phone, towels, etc. while I'm at the practice green and that stuff isn't just floating around with a stack of putters.

AHHHHAHAHAHA!!! That's freakin' awesome! I didn't think it was possible, but DAMN that is funny! Great putting practice stack! :clap:

Just want to stop in and thank UPD for making a great product! :thmbup:

I need to snag a teeshirt.

Just want to stop in and thank UPD for making a great product!

Thanks for saying that! We appreciate it. :hfive:

And we're ready to kick things into the next gear for 2016. Some of you may have noticed the new Store Map page on our website, that's because we're doing a big push into stores this year. We want more customers to be able to see and feel our bags in person before buying.

We are actively seeking retail stores, so if any of you know of a local store who would be interested in carrying our bags, have them email me at [email protected]. If not, keep doing what you're doing. We'll be here if you need us. :thmbup:

So will the Rebel be coming out with the chair attachment you teased earlier?

I'll post this to message to our outdoor rec center on Kadena AB in Okinawa. Maybe we can get some bags over here one day? The only 18 hole course in Okinawa.

Thanks for saying that! We appreciate it. :hfive:

And we're ready to kick things into the next gear for 2016. Some of you may have noticed the new Store Map page on our website, that's because we're doing a big push into stores this year. We want more customers to be able to see and feel our bags in person before buying.

We are actively seeking retail stores, so if any of you know of a local store who would be interested in carrying our bags, have them email me at [email protected]. If not, keep doing what you're doing. We'll be here if you need us. :thmbup:

So will the Rebel be coming out with the chair attachment you teased earlier?.

Unfortunately the chair has had to take a back seat to some other stuff. Building a prototype was one thing, but with the added wear points on the Rebel and the costs of manufacturing for the chair.. we just don't have the resources to make it a reality right now.

So for now the chair joins our list of misfit disc golf inventions. Sorry for the bum news. :\

^Chair has to take a back seat. I see what you did there :D

Good to hear you guys choose longevity over accessories while trying to keep price reasonable.

Why would you put, arguably the heaviest item, furthest from the body? I don't understand the weird design.

I truly don't understand the appeal of these bags :confused:

Go Paige.. :thmbup:

Why would you put, arguably the heaviest item, furthest from the body? I don't understand the weird design.

I truly don't understand the appeal of these bags :confused:

Go Paige.. :thmbup:

The bag is so dang light by itself, you need the extra weight for it to be firm. It's all so close to the body and supported that the weight isn't an issue at all.

Go Paige! :hfive:

The bag is so dang light by itself, you need the extra weight for it to be firm. It's all so close to the body and supported that the weight isn't an issue at all.

Go Paige! :hfive:

Also helps balance when set down. The vertical stacked discs without weight in the bottom would be quite top heavy. Even when the water bottle holder is empty, it's less stable. Still sets down okay, but you have to be mindful of any slopes. With a water bottle, it's very stable.