• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Upper Park Designs Backpack Bags

We've made some tweaks since the first sample pictures I posted.

Were now looking at a mixed bag (putters, mids, drivers) of 18 discs. Front zippered storage. Mini disc/scorecard pocket up top. Two huge bottle pockets. Abrasion resistant, waterproof bottom. $55.

Please note this is still a sample bag, not the final version.
http://imgur.com/hxlDGfR

This looks like like an incredible deal for $55! Especially if it gets some of those sexy UPD colors. :D

Wow, the shift can really fit some discs in it. I got 18 + 5 stored in the bottom without much hassle. The black with red is really sweet looking. Feels lightweight to carry too. Now I just need to get out on the course and play a couple of rounds with it. :)

Haven't upgraded to a backpack style bag yet and thinking about getting a Rebel. How comfortable is it just using one shoulder strap? I'm thinking that's how I'd prefer to carry it between shots, and probably for the majority of my rounds. Seems like a pain to put both straps on every time.

Haven't upgraded to a backpack style bag yet and thinking about getting a Rebel. How comfortable is it just using one shoulder strap? I'm thinking that's how I'd prefer to carry it between shots, and probably for the majority of my rounds. Seems like a pain to put both straps on every time.

It's comfortable. One strap or two the Rebel is comfortable and light. It also has a nice sturdy handle to carry short distances. You won't regret getting one if you do :thmbup:. But it's really not a pain to put both straps on haha

Cool, thanks.

$200 seems like a lot but that thing looks so nice. I'm not even going to try to talk myself out of it. I spent that money as soon as I laid eyes on it.

Ordered the Rebel, black with red zippers. Can't wait.

Threw in the Draw bag for $10, because what the hell. Awesome deal.

Received my Rebel promptly via UPS and played my first round with it this morning. Yeah, no-brainer upgrading from the Innova Deluxe to this. Fully loaded with 25 discs, it feels lighter than my old bag with 15, whether I used both straps or just one. And it contours perfectly against my spine, feels custom made. And has been said over and over, materials, stitching, zippers etc. are all top quality. The drink pockets are heavily insulated and fit a 32oz. Nalgene perfectly. I usually only carry one because of the weight, but I've run out of water plenty of times on 95 degree days. With this bag I wouldn't hesitate to carry a second bottle.

Only major complaint -- I find the three vertical pockets difficult to use. I putt with Rhynos and can only keep one in the top pocket. I'd like to keep a couple more putters in there, but they get caught on each other and I'd have to use both hands to take out my putter on every hole. And, sure enough my putter fell out of the pocket which I didn't realize until I got to the next basket. You've got to pay attention and give your discs a good shove to the bottom of the pocket. In the bottom pocket I only keep two discs because with three it gets harder to access the discs in the bottom section. Even with two, it's pretty tight. Again, maybe there's a learning curve or the bag needs to get broken in with more use. One minor complaint -- give me a D-ring on each side of the top handle instead of the single ring on the right. I'd prefer to hang my towel on the left side since I carry the bag primarily on my right shoulder and the towel gets in the way.

Overall really happy with this purchase, I can't imagine ever needing more functionality in a bag and it's such good quality I'll probably use it until I'm too old to play. Or maybe at that point I'll strap it to a cart. :)

Anybody with the Rebel have any experience flying with theirs?

I'm going on trip soon and was planning on carrying it on, but being a decent size bag I wasn't sure it would fit.

So after a dozen or so rounds with the Rebel, I've either gotten used to the pockets or they've broken in a bit, or both. I still only keep the one Rhyno in the top pocket but 3 drivers each in the middle and bottom pockets, and they work fine. Still a little tight, especially with larger diameter mids in the bottom trough, but not a huge deal. It's a huge advantage to be able to carry so many more discs comfortably and that's really all that matters in the end.

Also I used it as my carry-on for my Mexico trip and it was awesome in that role as well. The disc pockets are great for organizing small items like toiletries, socks, etc. And while down there I took it to concerts, and it worked flawlessly to keep a bottle of wine cold for about an hour, a poster tube fit perfectly in one of the side pockets, and the Velcro umbrella/stool strap fit snugly around the tube to keep it in place. I flew home with the tube still in that pocket, and it worked out great.

Overall really happy with this bag!

As much as I love the Shift, I might end up selling mine. The incompatibility with my cart, and the fact that my wife bought me a Ranger, which is about the same weight and rides on my back pretty nicely, makes me realize that I don't need 2 bags. Additionally, since I moved up to Wisconsin, having a bag to carry is not quite the necessity that it was in Missouri - some courses there just aren't good for carts.

I'd still recommend UPD to anyone before any other bags unless they are looking at a specific brand. I am probably going to order a Draw for an extra field work bag though.

Last edited:
As much as I love the Shift, I might end up selling mine. The incompatibility with my cart, and the fact that my wife bought me a Ranger, which is about the same weight and rides on my back pretty nicely, makes me realize that I don't need 2 bags. Additionally, since I moved up to Wisconsin, having a bag to carry is not quite the necessity that it was in Missouri - some courses there just aren't good for carts.

I'd still recommend UPD to anyone before any other bags unless they are looking at a specific brand. I am probably going to order a Draw for an extra field work bag though.

If you do decide to sell the Shift, send me a PM. I am in market for a new bag.

So after a dozen or so rounds with the Rebel, I've either gotten used to the pockets or they've broken in a bit, or both. I still only keep the one Rhyno in the top pocket but 3 drivers each in the middle and bottom pockets, and they work fine. Still a little tight, especially with larger diameter mids in the bottom trough, but not a huge deal. It's a huge advantage to be able to carry so many more discs comfortably and that's really all that matters in the end.

Also I used it as my carry-on for my Mexico trip and it was awesome in that role as well. The disc pockets are great for organizing small items like toiletries, socks, etc. And while down there I took it to concerts, and it worked flawlessly to keep a bottle of wine cold for about an hour, a poster tube fit perfectly in one of the side pockets, and the Velcro umbrella/stool strap fit snugly around the tube to keep it in place. I flew home with the tube still in that pocket, and it worked out great.

Overall really happy with this bag!

Good to hear you are liking the bag :thmbup: In my "tournament" setup I keep 3 Judges in the top vertical pocket, along with 5 more putters/mids between the other two pockets. So it's kinda surprising you can't fit more of your Rhynos in there. It does require a liitle maneuvering at times, but I wouldn't say it's too cramped.

Good to hear you are liking the bag :thmbup: In my "tournament" setup I keep 3 Judges in the top vertical pocket, along with 5 more putters/mids between the other two pockets. So it's kinda surprising you can't fit more of your Rhynos in there. It does require a liitle maneuvering at times, but I wouldn't say it's too cramped.

Yeah, I don't understand the "hard time" you're having putting more than one putter in the top quiver... I regularly keep 3 (Harps, even, which are pretty darn deep) and sometimes I fit 4. I can easily get 19-20 discs in my Shift without even stretching or "pushing it".

I will make one recommendation - put your mids in the outer pockets instead of the quiver. You can easily fit 2 mids and often 2 mids + 1 distance driver in the outer pockets. Then you can free up the quiver for putters in the top, and drivers in the bottom. You might find you can fit a lot more discs that way. :thmbup: