• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Upper Park Designs Backpack Bags

I also gotta say: the Pinch looks like a great option for a beginner bag! I wish I had that option instead of the Innova Deluxe I bought a few years ago. No problem with the Deluxe, but the Pinch looks well made and very functional.

Gregg Barsby signature Rebel?

First off, I'd just like to say how proud of Barsby I am. After 6 years of friendship and team sponsorship, watching him hustle his ass off year after year in the search of his big win.. he truly deserved it.

I am absolutely thinking about doing it. What's tough is the mininums. I'm thinking at least getting his signature stitched into a limited number of Shift bags. I'll be talking it over with him in the off-season 🙂

Recieved my v6 shift today... Wow is it impressive. I can actually get upwards of 22 discs in there if needed, but 18ish fits better. What I like best is how well it rides when maxed out. Feels like I'm not wearing anything on my back at all. Just need to figure out how to best configure it. Either drivers on the sides and mids/putters in the middle or vice versa.

Also, I'm sure if you charge 10-20 bucks more for a limited edition color way with Barsby's sig on it it would sell like hotcakes. Maybe bring back the orange color way from the past. Or an all red like his favorite eagle. Just a thought.

Recieved my v6 shift today... Wow is it impressive. I can actually get upwards of 22 discs in there if needed, but 18ish fits better. What I like best is how well it rides when maxed out. Feels like I'm not wearing anything on my back at all. Just need to figure out how to best configure it. Either drivers on the sides and mids/putters in the middle or vice versa.

Also, I'm sure if you charge 10-20 bucks more for a limited edition color way with Barsby's sig on it it would sell like hotcakes. Maybe bring back the orange color way from the past. Or an all red like his favorite eagle. Just a thought.

I like to max it out at 17. Any more than that (other lots of other gear to carry) and I'm going for the Rebel. My Shift setup:

LEFT AND RIGHT SIDES:
2 drivers top
3 drivers bottom

MIDDLE:
3 mids up top
2 putters in middle
2 putters bottom

I like to max it out at 17. Any more than that (other lots of other gear to carry) and I'm going for the Rebel. My Shift setup:

LEFT AND RIGHT SIDES:
2 drivers top
3 drivers bottom

MIDDLE:
3 mids up top
2 putters in middle
2 putters bottom

I'm thinking something like this, but it feels weird to have the putting putters in anything besides the top middle pocket. I do think the side pockets work better with sharp edged discs in them.

I think I will go 3 putting putters top, 3 mids middle, 2 throwing putters bottom in the middle. 5-6 D2's on the left, 3-4 teebirds and 2-3 firebirds on the right. It feels fine with 6 discs on each side, but I think 4-5 would probably be better.

Have you noticed any stretching of the side pockets that have 3 discs in them vs the ones that have 2? I am concerned if I jam 3 in each side pocket that if I go down to 2 later it will fit looser.

I've worried about that as well.

I just tell myself there's no way I need more than 15 discs and go with four drivers/fairways per side.

I'll move up to a rebel if I need to carry more

Just need to figure out how to best configure it. Either drivers on the sides and mids/putters in the middle or vice versa.

For part 1: I like having my sharp wing discs in the sides. I carry 9-10 drivers in those pockets most of the time. 4 mids and 4 putters in the vertical storage. So typically I'll have 17-18 discs on any given round.

For part 2: Sign me up! LE colorway would be boss on a bag like the Shift. Someday maybe, we can even get custom colors, but I know that's a pipe dream at this point.

I'm thinking something like this, but it feels weird to have the putting putters in anything besides the top middle pocket. I do think the side pockets work better with sharp edged discs in them.

I think I will go 3 putting putters top, 3 mids middle, 2 throwing putters bottom in the middle. 5-6 D2's on the left, 3-4 teebirds and 2-3 firebirds on the right. It feels fine with 6 discs on each side, but I think 4-5 would probably be better.

Have you noticed any stretching of the side pockets that have 3 discs in them vs the ones that have 2? I am concerned if I jam 3 in each side pocket that if I go down to 2 later it will fit looser.

No stretching on the lower outside pockets where I put 3 drivers, but I only put 3 max in the bottom (5 total each side). With 3+3 on one side, the bottom might get stretched a little more due to the thicker top pocket.

With deeper putters/mids, it might be difficult to go with 3 putters up top and 3 mids in the middle. I keep a Ghost, Gauge, and Gator3 in the top, 2 Rekos in the middle (very shallow putter), and 2 Jokeri in the bottom. Nothing is difficult to get out, but I couldn't get another in any of those slots either.

Full disclosure: I tend to not keep my discs in my bag when I'm not playing. I rotate bags / cart frequently and the disc lineup changes based on the course. So my bags are not typically stretched/worn in too much

So here's what I've been going with on mine. I have a few rounds in the bag so far and I'm loving it.

5 D2's on the left side (3 bottom and 2 top)
3 Teebirds on the bottom right
2 firebirds on the top right
1 zone and 1 rhyno in the middle bottom
3 rocs in the middle middle
3 envy's in the middle top.

I will say the bag holds those discs quite well. Feels light and comfortable. Those discs cover pretty much every shot I would need outside of some super flippy/roller/utility discs I used to carry and throw maybe once every other round. I do think it works slightly better with 2 rocs instead of 3, but it's totally fine with the 3 and I do need the 3 so it's not really an option. I could push it to 6 drivers on either side if I really needed to, but l think it's kind of overkill for a normal round. There really is no world where I would need 6 D2's without having significant overlap. Although I would like a 4th teebird. I originally thought this bag was justa casual bag for smaller rounds, but I'm thinking I could make it work for a tournament. I think in a competitive/tournament round I would bump it up to 6 on each side to fit that 6th D2 and 4th teebird, but only to have a backup of my go to's. I would also like to figure out a way to get a 4th roc in there for tournaments, but I'm not sure if that's possible.

Anecdotally, I have shot my 2 best rounds at my home course since getting the bag. Is it because of the bag? Who knows, I can't say it's not because of the bag. I shot -8 and -7 back to back days when my previous competitive best was -5. That -8 was with 3 bogies too. I will say that I have obviously not missed the extra 3-5 discs cut out that I used to carry. A lot of them were doubles in case I lost one, but I have found that I really do not need extras while I'm playing for fun or even tag/doubles rounds.

Rebel Restock?

My old Innova bag is giving up and I need to replace it quickly. When is the Rebel estimated to be back in stock?

Any idea when the Rebel will be back in stock and if there are any new colors (orange) to be made available? This shift has me itching for more.

Sadly, I don't yet have a time frame. The changes I've made for the v5 are awesome and I can't wait to show you guys. It's the cost of buying a couple thousand bags that's going to take some time to figure out. Anyone looking to invest? 🙃

Sadly, I don't yet have a time frame. The changes I've made for the v5 are awesome and I can't wait to show you guys. It's the cost of buying a couple thousand bags that's going to take some time to figure out. Anyone looking to invest? 🙃

I wish. Could you shed any light on some of the updates you made? Color options?

Small Business Loan?

Or maybe a partnership with a certain disc golf company?

Anyone know, Is there a typical wait time for a Pre Order bag?? My kid really wants the V2 Pinch, but has the patience of an angry Badger. I have almost ordered twice already, but am hesitant to pull the trigger if it is Months out....

Bummed out that after 8 days of waiting for an email reply, I couldn't get my kid to wait any longer, and he bought a different bag. I have noticed there have been people not hearing back on emails to Upper Parks. I hope everything is going okay for them. Seems to me, if you are needing money to put into a company/product, you would want to answer correspondence from folks trying to give you money.

I just placed an order for a pinch but I also saw people stating elsewhere rhatbrhier that their messages weren't being replied to. I'm concerned

I'm not worried...I got an email about a month ago stating that the Pinches would be shipping around 10/6. There was some back end quality error I believe. Calm down everybody.

Latest posts