• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Using no wrist and only finger pop

Kjimsern

Par Member
So i need some opinions, im currently using almost no wrist during my putt.

I load it back maybe 10 degrees and then i just pop it out with my fingers towards basket.

Im considering loading more with wrist but im scared of the left and right misses.

The best solution would be if i could keep this the same, but im also scared im missing out on something.

Here is a video of my form, this video is old so i do not squat down anymore. I rock more back and forth with a showel motion now after feedback from a few coaches on this.

So just focus on the arm and wrist and share som opinions.

Any help/suggestions is greatly appreciated!

What did your coaches say? I know for me, a lot of my power comes from my wrist flick, so I would also ask, how far away from the basket can you get consistent makes from? If you can consistently make over half of your putts from 30', for me, I would have to seriously consider staying with that method.

What did your coaches say? I know for me, a lot of my power comes from my wrist flick, so I would also ask, how far away from the basket can you get consistent makes from? If you can consistently make over half of your putts from 30', for me, I would have to seriously consider staying with that method.
I can do that but the game is getting to the point where you need 40% circle 2

If you're going to add wrist I'd emphasize finishing with my arm pointing toward the basket at chain height. More completely, the line from the fully cocked back position and the release position should be the same line you want the disc to take to the chains. Finishing palm up works for me but handshake position can work too.

Latest posts