• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Val Jenkins announces new sponsor

I would like to see Discraft use Val & Nate for a new series training videos. I learned quite a bit from watching those Mark Ellis and Scott Papa videos Discraft produced a few years back. I believe Val & Nate could do an even better job. If Discraft wants to keep up with the rest of the industry, I believe they need to reboot/restart their media production.

I wonder if the folks at Discraft have thought of offering the future "Baby Doss" a contract and line of discs.

47a2f12d69.jpg

I'm happy for her! Any speculation for a signature disc yet?!??
:popcorn:

She started throwing the Tern to get more distance back in 2015, so maybe a Crank or a Thrasher? Also seemed pretty attached to her beat Starfire in her last ITB so a fresh Undertaker or Surge SS, perhaps?

Not shocked Val joined Team Discraft; after all, her husband is with them.

As to which company is more supportive of women... I think they're ALL making better strides after Val's bombshell at the end of last year, be it Innova, Discraft, Trilogy, or Prodigy. And let's hope that keeps up.

I would like to see Discraft use Val & Nate for a new series training videos. I learned quite a bit from watching those Mark Ellis and Scott Papa videos Discraft produced a few years back. I believe Val & Nate could do an even better job. If Discraft wants to keep up with the rest of the industry, I believe they need to reboot/restart their media production.

I would love this. Val has really good form that people can learn from, especially on her approach shots. I haven't seen as much of Nate, but I'll bet we can learn from his form, as well. And with all due respect to Trilogy, IMHO Nate and Val would be (7x world championships) better than a certain other couple's videos...

Val and Nate dated for what, 3 or 4 years? They have been married over 2 now.

So that's about 5 season traveling together as a couple.

If it was purely about her husband and them being the same, it would have been done years ago. Or he would have switched to Innova.

Read the ultiworld article. A discraft guy comments about raising bonuses. Based on Val's recent strike against Innova for unfair bonuses, to me it was much more about that.

Now if Trilogy or whomever offered her a matching deal, obviously Discraft makes more sense based on her relationship. But to simply dismiss this as simply because of who her husband is and not see the bigger picture of Discraft making a huge statement about equality is simply not viewing the entire story.

Good for her. Hope she got everything she deserves. She's badass. Cool to have married world champs reppin your brand.

Any discraft heads here want to take a 1 for 1 crack at what she'll be bagging in comparison to innova molds?

Crank or Thrasher
Surge or Surge SS
Predator
Undertaker
Pipeline
Archer
Buzzz
Challenger

Those are my guesses.

Not an entire line up though.

I think every pro secretly wants a mixed bag sponsorship. Discraft, no way.

I would have to give up wizards, saints, pds, etc.

I love the undertaker and was gleaned on a cyclone. But this was merely a soft spot for her to land on.

I think she could have easliy talked any sponsor into a mixed bag. Like yes, I l'll throw your mids. But the drivers will come from this company., etc.

We are behind on this player like arrangement.

When it was like just discraft of innova those kind of dictomonious sponsorships made sense but not now.

Sorry, their are just too many great companies to tie yourself to one tree!

Latest posts