• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Chunk Museum

Quite a few, I wouldn't consider the 'chunk' ascents to be worth anything more than retail.

Only chunks that have a premium value are the originals.

thats what I figured. havent thrown mine though.

The Ascents were "Granites", not Chunks.
Still very nice, hand made discs, these were part of a limited run of a couple hundred from earlier this year.

The original purpose of this thread was to highlight the 218 original Chunk discs in pictures, and even more so to catalog the owners of the 24 Ridge's, in case I need a backup. :selfishbastardsmiley:

Some of the BG Ams discs were very nice, if you have a particularily good looking Ascent, or any other sweet Granite disc, then by all means, please post a picture here. :thmbup:

I was told. appartently wrongly that the discs from BG were chunks. one fairly reputable gentleman was trying to buy them off me and my friends. so these are not chunk? they look just like those ridges etc. i will post a pic in a little while.

Here is my collection, complete with the rarest of em all- the Cream Dream DV Anti-Chunk Ridge

Attachments

• __ Vibram chunks.jpg
    __ Vibram chunks.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 156
Quite a few, I wouldn't consider the 'chunk' ascents to be worth anything more than retail.

Only chunks that have a premium value are the originals.

the chunks/granite from BG are worth a little bit more because there was only about 250 of each made. the new chunks retail for a few bucks more too

here is my chunk Ascent. or granite. or whatever. if its wanted pm me.

2011-09-19_142149.jpg

2011-09-19_142230.jpg

Exactly how much are these Chunks worth? I wish the colors would flow better......

Exactly how much are these Chunks worth? I wish the colors would flow better......

the originals are upwards of 50 new, the ridges command more beacause there were only 24 of them.

the one pictured above is somewhere around 25 new

all of the others are a couple more dollars than MSRP.

of course this is just a guideline and super cool onew will fetch more

Here are the two VP chunks I have. Don't have a better picture of them at the moment.

utf-8BSU1HMDAwMDctMjAxMDAyMjUtMTIwO.jpg

I've been thinking about thinning the herd a bit and possibly getting rid of some of the discs that I never throw. I don't have anywhere to display them or anything and I'm the only one who ever looks at them so I think I might unload them.

Anyone interested in getting some VP Chunks? pm me if so. Thanks.

Yes I cruise the Vibram thread on Ebay alot.

Its rare that I see one of the original Chunks.
Lotsa BG Ams, and new stuff, but not many of the first 218 show up there.

I saw this Summit, and although I dont throw them, I had to grab it, because I know it's one of the original 97 Chunk Summits that Steve ran, and there seems to be very few unused ones left out there.

Its the predominantly pumpkin color that sold me on my very first Vibram disc, and this one matches my original Chunk VP's like a brother, so I know its a first run.

6317060482_d4aac61f58_b.jpg

Brand new, never thrown, 166 MXL. I could stare at it for a while, it's really interesting.

6317060488_127c42fc06_b.jpg

This disc is plump and juicy trade bait.
I'm solid with my XD's for the slot the Summit fills, with no desire to change, and I already have a sweet Chunk Summit on the wall, so I put this disc away, in a bubble mailer, to be used and abused by it future owner.

Or hung on a wall where it belongs.

I saw this Summit, and although I dont throw them, I had to grab it, because I know it's one of the original 97 Chunk Summits that Steve ran, and there seems to be very few unused ones left out there.

Its the predominantly pumpkin color that sold me on my very first Vibram disc, and this one matches my original Chunk VP's like a brother, so I know its a first run.
I already have a sweet Chunk Summit on the wall, so I put this disc away, in a bubble mailer, to be used and abused by it future owner.

Or hung on a wall where it belongs.

That color combination could be dangerous to throw this time of year. The other day it took me 10 minutes of searching to find my red/orange/yellow marbled (granite?) Ridge that was hidden in plain sight among the fall leaves, about 20' from the basket. The buyer should at least hang that one on the wall until Spring when things turn green again. :thmbup:

Last edited:

Latest posts