• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

I still carry and throw an Ibex. The discs are so durable, I expect to be able to throw them for a long while.

Agreed: I have 7 VPs, and have not noticed any change or wear in years. If they go back into production, I'll likely look at a few other molds again...

I think it would be interesting for Vibram to approach it like they have the hiking boot market. They could get molds from disc manufacturers and use their rubber blend to make "Vibram soled" discs under the other brands' name. Let the current brand/mold-loyal fans get their favorite discs in sweet, durable Vibram rubber.

Or just become a material provider to Discraft, Innova, and the rest.... Get some co-branding with the little Vibram yellow logo on the bottom or something. Who wouldn't try a Buzzz, Roc, TeeBird, FD, or even a rubber Tilt!

Dodge doesn't wanna do it any more, they need a new guy.
Vibram discs are extruded rubber, not injection molded TPE's, so no other manufacturer could duplicate the process with thier conventional equipment

Last edited:
I still carry and throw an Ibex. The discs are so durable, I expect to be able to throw them for a long while.
you would think so, but then you make a bad decision of trying a overhand throw in the wind next to the river & splash! there goes that durable disc.

i've heard speculation that they don't have a use for the rubber leftovers/scraps & that's why they're considering disc golf again.
at least their website still works, tho not very useful; maybe if they get a few more retail applications they will have to start manufacturing again.

What are the "true" Christmas Vibrams?

Some are saying that only the red/white /dark green chunk Ridges are the only Christmas Vibram discs, while others include thecred/white/lighter green ones are also "Christmas" Vibrams. Clarification anyone?

Attachments

• 3C9934F5-1388-4242-92F1-BC5871A2F72E.jpg
    3C9934F5-1388-4242-92F1-BC5871A2F72E.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 10
  • E46BBE1B-83C9-426A-A625-2BA7283026DA.jpg
    E46BBE1B-83C9-426A-A625-2BA7283026DA.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 7
Christmas Vibrams

Some are saying that only the red/white /dark green chunk Ridges are the only Christmas Vibram discs, while others include thecred/white/lighter green ones are also "Christmas" Vibrams. Clarification anyone?

The only Christmas discs are the original Chunk Ridges.
After Vibram released the Chunk VP and Summit, which were hand made production runs, Vibram wanted to reward their Prime dealers for buying their discs.

As a gift, Vibram molded 24 Christmas Ridges, ONE went to each of 24 dealers.

I bought the one they sent to Clearwater discs, and have subsequently sold it for a lot of money. All the Christmas Ridges were red, green, and white. Vibram never molded any disc after this in bright white. Christmas Ridges were all protos, so they have no flight numbers in the boxes.
Possibly the rarest disc on the planet, Innova ran more test shot Eagles than Vibram did Christmas Ridges.

I got a Summit coming in the mail.

Unfortunately it's not a soft putter so probably won't be using it.

Latest posts