• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Ahh, excuse my accusation sir. Well I'd say the ridge is closer to a V.P. than a Summit. It's like a more O.S. Ion with less glide and a thinner profile. It drives like a dream and handles wind like a champ. I actually have a buddy that likes Ions but is considering making the switch.

This is pretty spot on. I agree that while the Ridge is between the VP and Summit in stability, it is much closer to the VP. Especially in terms of HSS, where the Ridge and VP are extremely similar. And I didn't throw Ions for long when I tried them a couple of months ago but Ridges are comparable flight wise. The Ridge is a little shorter, seems a tiny bit more stable, has less glide, handles wind better, and is much less sensitive to OAT. That's just my opinion though.

Biggest difference for me between the Ridge and Ion is the release, I've never had a putter release better on putts or drives than the Ridge, this is probably due to my small hands though. The grip and smaller profile of the Ridge make it better than the Ion IMHO, give it a try Johnny, I'd bet you'd like it, even if it doesn't take over putting duties you'd probably still have use for it on windy/rainy days.

Discs for Johnny Depth

Since he gave us such the lively conversation, I will loan (notice not give) Johnny Depth some Vibrams I am not currently using: firm Summit, VP, Obex, Lace. I use all mediums right now.

Contact me with your snail mail address....

Since he gave us such the lively conversation, I will loan (notice not give) Johnny Depth some Vibrams I am not currently using: firm Summit, VP, Obex, Lace. I use all mediums right now.

Contact me with your snail mail address....

How serious are you, old sport?

Great...we've all been waiting with baited breath to see what the outcome of your shenanigans would be.

Seriously though, slow at work?

:p

Vibram Birdie Bash at Patriot's Park in Evans, Georgia on saturday!!! Going down to get a couple of rounds in today, Never played the course, wish me luck

Vibram Birdie Bash at Patriot's Park in Evans, Georgia on saturday!!! Going down to get a couple of rounds in today, Never played the course, wish me luck

Also Birdie Bashing there tomorrow. I'm not gonna be able to fall asleep. It's my first Birdie Bash, and also my first tournament.

Also Birdie Bashing there tomorrow. I'm not gonna be able to fall asleep. It's my first Birdie Bash, and also my first tournament.

Have fun and good luck! Birdie Bashes are great events. You should have an amazing time playing. Just make sure to not get too uptight and things should go great for you.

So the OS Lace has to be going out to testers soon....any of the testers receive theirs yet??

Thanks man for wishing me luck, it paid off. I WON ha totally looking forward to getting some new vibram prototypes!!

Thank you Mr. Dodge for putting on these events, they were a blast!

Haha, so you were that skinny guy. I was the guy that was wearing the Vibram shirt that came with the discs, since I might have been the only person who would fit in a medium.

Anyway, it was fun. I'm almost sure I got the worst scores, but that doesn't matter.

Loved the Summit. Not too crazy about the Ibex.