• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Define "eventually."

I use Sharpies.
I would say the max I have got out of a Sharpie after applying to a Vibram is 4 weeks. By then either part of it is smeared/scratched off or its too faded to read. At that point I have to re-apply.
-T

Custom embossing...

Not legal but it' might turn out to be pretty snazzy. Inner rim, non-grip location.

I love the Ibex' (Ibexes??) I've been throwing for the last month or so. I picked up a Trak earlier this week. I've fallen in love with a round hunk of rubber! ;);)

(Steve, if you see this, this is Jason...see you Monday!)

Well, the UnLace is everything I expected them to be. First throw it reminded me of my beat in Lace and then, the more I threw it, the more I realized it was really understable. I really did like it because it didn't seem too understable. I still have not put it through the roller test but I am really liking the UnLace.

Now that the UnLace is in my bag this is the next question, that and when am I going to see the crazy overstable Lace?

I know that they have the 2nd proto run O-lace, Dana sent me a picture of some

http://i1363.photobucket.com/albums...2980202-5611-00000B8208059BD9_zps56e67317.jpg

From Mr. Dodge's description of them though, this will not be the crazy overstable Lace you are looking for. Dodge said they were not much more overstable than the lace.

So for the overstable Vibram disc, try to find a proto 420 for sale. I have one and its a pig!! I don't throw it to much because its so overstable compared to all my other Vibrams, but I like it. I'm also starting to love my Obex again; the perfect decently/definitely overstable mid out there.

Well, the UnLace is everything I expected them to be. First throw it reminded me of my beat in Lace and then, the more I threw it, the more I realized it was really understable. I really did like it because it didn't seem too understable. I still have not put it through the roller test but I am really liking the UnLace.

I was wondering about these. I have one coming on Saturday and can't wait to throw it.

I will be putting together a video showing how the unLaces fly for someone who can throw 450-500' at 3300' of elevation some time over the next week or so (time permitting). I have a few different ones coming in a variety of weights that I will be using. I will show the unLace alongside various other understable discs as well as the Lace to show a good representation how they fly. If I have time, I'll have someone with a sub-400' arm throw them on camera to show how they fly for that crowd.

Why have I come to love Vibram discs?

Let me first state that I've only been playing 6 months, I'm 43 and need a knee replacement and have a sometimes balky back. I'm by no means a big thrower, but I've achieved some level of consistency. On average, I shoot +6-10 on my local, pretty wooded courses.

I just spent 2 hours throwing at my 2 holes I have at my house. I threw an Ibex 173M, a 2013 VO 176 X-Link/X-Link Firm Ibex, a Trak 167M, and a Trak 169F. Throwing at a basket 280' down hill (maybe 8'), the Ibex' consistently were within 10' circle around the basket. Birdie heaven. The Traks, because I was practicing my throws not caring about basket per se, were consistently within a 10' circle 25-30' beyond the basket. Comparable results on my other hole.

I'll never be a big thrower, but the consistency I'm getting from my Vibrams will definitely lower my scores. Can't wait to get myself some unLace :thmbup:

Why have I come to love Vibram discs?

Let me first state that I've only been playing 6 months, I'm 43 and need a knee replacement and have a sometimes balky back. I'm by no means a big thrower, but I've achieved some level of consistency. On average, I shoot +6-10 on my local, pretty wooded courses.

I just spent 2 hours throwing at my 2 holes I have at my house. I threw an Ibex 173M, a 2013 VO 176 X-Link/X-Link Firm Ibex, a Trak 167M, and a Trak 169F. Throwing at a basket 280' down hill (maybe 8'), the Ibex' consistently were within 10' circle around the basket. Birdie heaven. The Traks, because I was practicing my throws not caring about basket per se, were consistently within a 10' circle 25-30' beyond the basket. Comparable results on my other hole.

I'll never be a big thrower, but the consistency I'm getting from my Vibrams will definitely lower my scores. Can't wait to get myself some unLace :thmbup:

I was playing a round with one of the top rated players here in Colorado and he straight up asked me why I liked Vibram. My comment to him was that they feel good in the hand and are super consistent for me. I just need an O-Lace that is going to be stable enough to take the place of my Stable Nuke and then a MO-Lace to take the place of my Nuke OS.

I know that they have the 2nd proto run O-lace, Dana sent me a picture of some

http://i1363.photobucket.com/albums...2980202-5611-00000B8208059BD9_zps56e67317.jpg

From Mr. Dodge's description of them though, this will not be the crazy overstable Lace you are looking for. Dodge said they were not much more overstable than the lace.

So for the overstable Vibram disc, try to find a proto 420 for sale. I have one and its a pig!! I don't throw it to much because its so overstable compared to all my other Vibrams, but I like it. I'm also starting to love my Obex again; the perfect decently/definitely overstable mid out there.

Those are supposedly the ones that pretty much are a Lace. I am looking forward to this second retooling so that I can get something that holds up in the wind. Then of course, in addition to that I need something to replace the Nuke OS in my bag that is primarily used as an OH disc. Two more max distance drivers is what I am looking for and I hope they do it right but get it out quickly. Ha, I would rather have it done right.

Those are supposedly the ones that pretty much are a Lace. I am looking forward to this second retooling so that I can get something that holds up in the wind. Then of course, in addition to that I need something to replace the Nuke OS in my bag that is primarily used as an OH disc. Two more max distance drivers is what I am looking for and I hope they do it right but get it out quickly. Ha, I would rather have it done right.

Only speculating here, but I think they will come out with a more stable Lace, the O-lace, this year; Then next year they will introduce the fable "Mo-Lace". But I'm looking forward to whatever disc they send out to testers. Keep you updated on that, hopefully a surprise will come in the mail soon...

As for the Unlace, I find myself reaching for it more than my Lace...simply because I don't have to try to throw it, it just glides.

I would love for them to scrap the current O-Lace model and work on two speed 10/11 drivers, maybe a stable and very over-stable of that class.

I can throw my Trak a bit further than my Ascent, but it tops out for me around 320'. I REALLY want a Vibram disc that is in the 375' range. To reach that I have to power down my Lace, but then my results are very inconsistent. I'm still very new, and its difficult for me to judge power while trying to throw consistent.

I would love for them to scrap the current O-Lace model and work on two speed 10/11 drivers, maybe a stable and very over-stable of that class.

I can throw my Trak a bit further than my Ascent, but it tops out for me around 320'. I REALLY want a Vibram disc that is in the 375' range. To reach that I have to power down my Lace, but then my results are very inconsistent. I'm still very new, and its difficult for me to judge power while trying to throw consistent.

Pretty sure that Vibram is really far off from doing anything between the current Fairway drivers and max distance drivers if they ever do something in between. You will see them fill out the current grid before they add to the grid. That means we need 2 more mid range discs, 2 more fairway drivers and 2 more max distance drivers. Keep bothering Mr. Dodge on here and in 10 years you might get your wish.

Only speculating here, but I think they will come out with a more stable Lace, the O-lace, this year; Then next year they will introduce the fable "Mo-Lace". But I'm looking forward to whatever disc they send out to testers. Keep you updated on that, hopefully a surprise will come in the mail soon...

As for the Unlace, I find myself reaching for it more than my Lace...simply because I don't have to try to throw it, it just glides.

Based on the number of times that they have had to retool the OLace model it is looking more like an early next year disc sadly. My big hope is that they somehow manage to get it out by Black Friday as I think that will be the earliest that we will see the OLace. Just my speculation. I am looking forward to next year when the MOLace comes out with any kind of luck.

I do really love the UnLace. I have been looking more and more for the anny lines these days. I still think it turns a bit too much to be my max distance driver, but then again I am used to popping the Lace out there and watching it flip perfectly for crazy distance.

Latest posts