• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone with some of these tester Obexes that wouldn't mind parting with one? I love my Vibrams and would love to get my hands on one of these!

Dear Santa,
PLEASE ask Vibram to produce more product runs of 150's in their current discs, particularly Mids and Fairway. It is so hard to find good selections of them.:(
Thank you.
P.S. Be careful coming in the house this year, I think the kids are planning something.

I begged and pleaded for 150 class last year because we had a local tournament here that only allowed those weights, and I love my putters.

Steve finally ran some, Summits, Ridges, and Ascents, but not many, and not before we had the tourney. :doh:
I ended up having to use some DX Innova putters, which sucked. :|

The tournament will be held again this year, so I got proactive and grabbed a Ridge off of Feebay pretty quick, but there wasnt much 150 stuff left on there. :(

I begged and pleaded for 150 class last year because we had a local tournament here that only allowed those weights, and I love my putters.

The tournament will be held again this year, so I got proactive and grabbed a Ridge off of Feebay pretty quick, but there wasnt much 150 stuff left on there. :(

Capt. Jack, I just purchased a 144gr Ridge off feebay. I know the dealer also has another in blue that isn't listed. If your looking for one like that I will provide the contact info in a PM' because I know I have had a hard time getting the light weights too. BTW, that is the only Vibram disc they had in the 150's and sub 150's in any mold.

The good folks at Vibram need to start cranking more of these out as they are in high demand and the supply is very limited,

Capt. Jack, I just purchased a 144gr Ridge off feebay. I know the dealer also has another in blue that isn't listed. If your looking for one like that I will provide the contact info in a PM' because I know I have had a hard time getting the light weights too.

I gotta scale verified 159 gram Granite Regular X Link Ridge on the way, perfect for the upcoming tourney, should be here next week, but thanks for the offer dude. :)

This should be the last disc I need to complete my 159.9 and under bag, although I would love a VP, but I will survive one round putting with the Ridge.

I just got a tester Obex, can't wait to try it out.
I have an Ibex but don't use it much. It will be interesting to see how they compare.

I gotta scale verified 159 gram Granite Regular X Link Ridge on the way, perfect for the upcoming tourney, should be here next week, but thanks for the offer dude. :)

This should be the last disc I need to complete my 159.9 and under bag, although I would love a VP, but I will survive one round putting with the Ridge.

I'm pretty sure I have a 157g Soft VP. So they are out there

I'm pretty sure I have a 157g Soft VP. So they are out there

Yes they are.
I still prefer regular X Link though. :)

The place I got my Ridge from also had a nice bright 141 gram medium VP, which I almost bought, but since I only need it for one tourney, and I'm already deeeeeep in VP's, I decided the Ridge would be enough.

You can do anything with a Ridge, its the Ginsu knife of the disc golf world.

I found a few 150 VPs today in my stash that I didnt even know I had. Might hafta take one out and giver a toss. I really like the 150 Summit and Ridge.

So far this is what I've been able to pick up in 150's

Ascent - 151
Trak - 154, 155 :thmbup:
Ibex - 154
Ridge - 144

I have to say I love Vibram fairway drivers in reg X-link 150's. The grip and flex on those things is unreal.

I have heard rumor that over a year or more, reg X-link will stiffen and slick up. Anyone run into this issue? :confused:
Seeing how the discs are made from rubber I wonder if you could wipe them with gasoline to make them tacky again. We used to do that with our rubber RC car tires when they got older and slick.

Status
Not open for further replies.