• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, now that Christmas shopping is over, some of my next paycheck is going to get me some more Vibrams; 170 Medium Lace, 150 class Firm Trak, 150 class Firm Ibex, max weight Soft Obex, Soft VP, and Soft Summit... Mmmm yeah... I've got an addiction!

^Yes, it's definitely the most glaring hole in their lineup. And Mr. Dodge pays attention, so I'm sure we will see it soon enough.

Any guesses as what the names for the missing discs will be? A few pages back, someone suggested Apex for the Very OS control driver and I really liked that. I like Ravine for the US control driver (giving us Apex, Ascent, Trak, and Ravine across the fairways, which I think are some good names). Steve himself mentioned Leather (on DGTR) as a possible name for a Lace counterpart (possibly joking though?). I think Leather would work for the OS distance driver. And I like Tread for the very OS distance driver and I don't really have an idea for the US driver that fits the "theme." As for the two missing mids; Ubex and Mobex.

Apex was the name I presented and like the best so glad you like it too! Ravine is really interesting too....I like it. I have been keeping a list of names I came up with as well as some others that people came up with on this course. Check out the following:

Apex, Pinnacle, Peak, Zenith, Vertex, Crest, Rapid, Crown, Crag, Vista, Outlook, Tread, Ravine, Mobex, and Ubex.

I agree with Brodysseus that Apex and Tread are really solid names. Though kind of cheesy, Mobex and Ubex are growing on me haha

I fear there will be more shoe names like the Lace and Sole. I recall Steve mentioning "Tongue" as one of the Lace contenders. I've always hoped they would use Apex. I like the mountain theme. Even Cairn would be good for a putter. My money is on an understable Lace for the next one but personally I'd like to see something like an SL or basically a slower Lace.

I fear there will be more shoe names like the Lace and Sole. I recall Steve mentioning "Tongue" as one of the Lace contenders. I've always hoped they would use Apex. I like the mountain theme. Even Cairn would be good for a putter. My money is on an understable Lace for the next one but personally I'd like to see something like an SL or basically a slower Lace.

Yeah Steve was being sarcastic with the name "Tongue." Even with all of the names that have been on this forum I bet the Vibram team will come up with a name completely different and I guess I am okay with that! They are trying to come up with names that represent their brand as a shoe sole manufacturer so I bet it will have to do with that again.

Picked up a Lace last week, kind of liking it. Cool green and red colors with a lil bit of blue and white. I find the name lacking though.

Now that I've begun to look seriously at Vibram discs, I have a major urge to grab a Summit. Sounds like a winner.

It is an extremely useful disc. An understable putter that you don't have to beat in and won't wear out of its stability for a long time.

It is an extremely useful disc. An understable putter that you don't have to beat in and won't wear out of its stability for a long time.

Looking at inbounds chart, no fade means no fade?

I'd love that in a putter in the long run methinks.

Yep I would very much recommend starting with a Summit. It's so versatile! You won't be disappointed.

I putt with Summits and have begun throwing them more for up shots as well. At slow speeds the things are just so stinking straight itis ridiculous. Put a little power behind it and it is the best looking turnover shot you have ever seen.

Looking at inbounds chart, no fade means no fade?

I'd love that in a putter in the long run methinks.

Yep, no natural fade in its flight really.

The only time a Summit is gonna go left (RHBH), is if you put it on a hyzer and really back off the power.

'12 VO Black/Reds

I like all of this Summit talk!
I'm not lying when I say that when I throw the Summit, it turns heads. People are always asking about it after seeing me throw a crazy hyzer flip in the woods (or after seeing a monster left to right flight). I'm throwing an M, which I use for jump putts too.

Anyone throw one of the '12 VO Black/Reds? I've got one in and out of the bag and it seems to have more stability. I love watching that thing fly. It pairs up nicely with my broken in M.

As for the next disc, I'd like to see an overstable Lace or a Firebird type disc.

I have been throwing'12 VO Black/Red Ridge. It seems a bit more stable to me as well. Looks awesome flying too!! Also really liked the Player's Cup stamp! :thmbup: Decided to try a Ibex, I liked it so much picked up a Obex also. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2481:D

IMG_20121222_125810_zps78a45aba.jpg

I putt with Summits and have begun throwing them more for up shots as well. At slow speeds the things are just so stinking straight itis ridiculous. Put a little power behind it and it is the best looking turnover shot you have ever seen.

Agreed. I don't putt much with mine, but it's great as an approach disc!

The summit is my number 1 putter unless there's a strong headwind. That's when I reach for my Ridge.

Those are beautiful discs, Ferguson!

I use a 170F Summit and a 173S Ibex for my P&A (I've also got a 157M Summit for upshots). The Summit has such a predictable flight, straight when powered down and slow run L to R when thrown with power. Lately been finishing most every hole with the S Ibex since I'm so used to the feel and flight of the Ibex it's just become a no-brainer for me....literally I don't even think about I just do it.

Also drive with the Summit occasionally as well. I've now turned two of my DG friends onto them. And yes, I have to answer seemingly endless questions about the disc when I let one go that slowly runs L to R without coming back at all.

I'll say it again, send me an Ubex (or whatever you decide to call it) and I'll be a very happy man!

:clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.