• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also is there going to be a firebird mold in vibram rubber?

:clap: :thmbup:

g600317795.gif

Dana is a stand up guy hoping to see some big wins this year.. 2013 worlds would be sick! Would like to see some of those sig Dana glass firm putters come out Steve.

Also is there going to be a firebird mold in vibram rubber? We are all waiting just thought I'd say it :hfive:

Yeah, if you read all of the thread, but who would at this point, you will find a lot of requests for the Firebird/Predator disc from Vibram. I have even personally told Mr. Dodge in person that I would like this disc.

You won't be disappointed. The VP is the best overstable putt and approach disc on the market. I'm just waiting for the rest of the world to realize this (it seems like the VP is the least used of all Vibram's molds and that is simply insane).

The VP took the Zone right out of my bag. I tried to bring the Zone back and found out that it just was not as consistent as the VP. The VP is a money approach disc. Really though, which of the first three Vibram putters are not money?

Really though, which of the first three Vibram putters are not money?

Good point. The VP may be my favorite but I've been bagging all three lately and between them, I have everything, absolutely everything 250' and in covered.

About 6 months ago I tried the VP for the first time. I got a 60 foot birdie on my second throw with it and I have had at least one in my bag at all times ever since.
vp.jpg

I've never thrown any Vibram discs, but my course is hosting a Birdie Bash that I want to sign up for so I hoped you guys might have some feedback on the two discs I should request with my player's pack. My main putter is a Ringer -- I love the stability and the low profile. My "do everything" disc is a max weight ESP Zone that I use off the tee, and for tons of different approaches because it's so reliable. I rarely throw anything super high speed anymore, and a 168 Opto Saint is my main distance driver. I carry a lot of fairways, and think if Vibram has something like an Eagle-X or an FD-Jackal those would work. Thanks.

While the VP is nice and overstable, I think it is quite a bit taller than the Ringer - and quite a bit more overstable. For the putter part of this, I'd actually suggest a Summit (unless I've had way too little sleep, I think it has a similar height and flight to the Ringer). For the driver/mid portion, I'd suggest an Obex. While it is not as overstable as a Zone (by any stretch!), I believe it is much more controllable and over the course of two rounds of driving with it, I suspect you will find it to be an amazingly predictable disc.

My $.02.

I will agree with Mr. Dodge as far as what our friend may actually want to get. I do putt with Summits. I love the low profile and the fact that they go straight for days.

It would be really tough if I could only choose 2 Vibram discs and had the whole lot to choose from. It would be completely dependent on the course. The Summit would be one of the 2 simply because I do putt with it all the time and have learned to do lots of fun things with it.

While the VP is nice and overstable, I think it is quite a bit taller than the Ringer - and quite a bit more overstable. For the putter part of this, I'd actually suggest a Summit (unless I've had way too little sleep, I think it has a similar height and flight to the Ringer). For the driver/mid portion, I'd suggest an Obex. While it is not as overstable as a Zone (by any stretch!), I believe it is much more controllable and over the course of two rounds of driving with it, I suspect you will find it to be an amazingly predictable disc.

My $.02.

Thanks for your feedback. I'm picking up some new discs tomorrow, so I'm going to fondle some potential Vibram discs while I'm there. Even if the shape of the VP isn't that similar to a Ringer I think that's what I'll lean to because then I can use it as basically a mid and putter, plus have an actual driver out of the two discs. My Zone is my most used midrange, even though it's a putter, so hopefully the VP suits me. And, honestly, I'm a pretty awful putter anyways and most of my birdies come from nice and close and don't require much of a putt. I doubt our course will be set up super short, so I like the idea of something like the Ascent in the bag to give myself a look at birdie on some longer holes.

Jhunt,

If you love your zone, you will love a VP even more. Great overstable approach disc in the best disc material.

What's with the dots

I was wondering what's with the ford under my soft VP. I have a couple more VPs and ridges with out these dots

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 41
I have the same type of bubbles on the bottom of a firm 173g VP, one on each side of the disc. And I actually really dig the way that disc flies.

We have two molds for each of the discs. Those stipples were added to one of the molds during a QC effort to improve the flow of the rubber. As the slowest selling disc, the VP would have been a good choice for them to test on. The stipples would not affect the flight.

A must share:
Lace, 173, Pink (something about a pink Lace....)

304' Ace today, my first in 19 months of playing! (with a witness!!!!!) :D

It had to be with a Vibram disc! :thmbup:

nice toss, haven't had a chance to throw mine much...been playing more short layouts lately. got my birdie bash registered this afternoon, just waiting for it to get posted so i can start plastering the registration url everywhere.

Thanks clearing that up Steve. Can't wait for the birdie races this year

We have two molds for each of the discs. Those stipples were added to one of the molds during a QC effort to improve the flow of the rubber. As the slowest selling disc, the VP would have been a good choice for them to test on. The stipples would not affect the flight.

A must share:
Lace, 173, Pink (something about a pink Lace....)

304' Ace today, my first in 19 months of playing! (with a witness!!!!!) :D

It had to be with a Vibram disc! :thmbup:

Nice! I am still waiting for my first Vibram Ace. I can feel it coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.