• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Glow Discs are here!

I have never played a glow round. These are right up there with a Moonshine Diamond for my first glow disc.

I had never played glow, and there wasn't any glow being played around here.
So I got the clubs/cities approval, and started some last year.
This year I made it a series, 1 done 4 more to go. (Only 1 a month this year, last year was 2 a month)

They've been tapped out for days. I've only seen one mold in there up until today.

On a related note, what is the likelihood that they run more of these?

On another related note: currently looking for a Glow Obex, Ridge, and Lace :D

From a business perspective, I can't imagine them not doing another run. The demand is more than there and they could do two or three more runs and still be able to say "very limited quantities" with a straight face.

I would guess they will certainly produce more, but the question is when. People will be chomping at the bit if they wait a year or so.

They claim to be more interested in promoting the sport than profits, but making more of their glow line available should achieve both.

Just a guess here, but I imagine they'll do limited runs of these once a year around daylight savings time like they do with Softs in October.

anyone have an extra they would like to part with? maybe an obex .. someone told me they sold out online ?

From a business perspective, I can't imagine them not doing another run. The demand is more than there and they could do two or three more runs and still be able to say "very limited quantities" with a straight face.

Steve dodge talked about it a little in the other vibram thread. Said they were have production issues with them, so... Who knows? Apparently they are also fairly expensive to make.

yeah you start getting into multiple X outs and profits start disappearing reallllllllllllly quick when you aren't able to still sell them at above cost like DC/Innova is able to do.

Margins are tight in DG for a business model as we are dealing with units which are priced generally less than $20/each and need a very large volume to sell in order to be profitable. Even with somewhat high demand (like soft runs of vibram) the overall demand compared to any other company above them in DG market share and you would find 10x the demand for products-- that does not mean its necessarily a profitable business move. Innova factory store is a prime example. A few 100 people interested in a disc is nothing to them.

I got my glow lace in the mail today, and that disc is awesome! I compared the glow with my DX teebird, and the bird gets brighter, but after about 5 seconds, the bird has lost some power and the lace holds the glow strong. I haven't even thrown it yet, but it's a new staple in the bag for when it gets a little too dark for me to want to keep hunting for my disc hiding under the leaves with the sun set. The lace did have some funky smell, but it went away a little after I washed it. Overall, still more than pleased with it.

Am I the only one envisioning glow chunk discs ?
Random glow material combined with regular colorful chunks of X Link. :science!:
I can always use a few more Ridges. :D

Am I the only one envisioning glow chunk discs ?
Random glow material combined with regular colorful chunks of X Link. :science!:
I can always use a few more Ridges. :D

I could tell it was you without even looking at who wrote it....glow chunks would be amazing to see fly.

@ l_a
Wife says they look like confetti frosting (Funfetti). Buddy calls them little piglets....pink and stink all together.

Latest posts