• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Ridge

BTW Steve thanks a lot...I have apparently been watching too many of your videos because I just sent an email to my region's maintenance people and started it with:

Hey race fans

I went to my local shop with no intention of buying a ridge or any vibrams and the firms felt so good I ended up buying 3! It was love at first feel! They putt like challengers (my former putter) and drive with some more hss which I love! I think they may be the one!

This thread has been necromanced!

I don't use one myself but I've been eyeing it for awhile. I already use a Vibram sole and get amazing putts with it and love the feel so I am considering getting more vibram putters or trying one of the MVP putters.

Yay I know how to use the search function!! haha
Well as far as the ridge goes it drives exceptionally, just like a rhyno maybe a hair more glide.

Yay I know how to use the search function!! haha
Well as far as the ridge goes it drives exceptionally, just like a rhyno maybe a hair more glide.

That's awesome because I was considering a rhyno as well after throwing around a friend's. I think that seals the deal, I am going to have to go with the ridge for my next putter.

The Ridge is the one to rule them all. If Wizard throwers spent a week with the Ridge, there would be a lot of Wizards available in the Marketplace.

The Ridge is the one to rule them all. If Wizard throwers spent a week with the Ridge, there would be a lot of Wizards available in the Marketplace.

This man speaks the truth. I still however use my Wizards for putting maybe because I haven't found the right feeling Ridges.

^only issue with the ridge is the lack of driving d like a wizard, ion, pure etc...

I liked the ridge, VP, sole all just fine but fly uniquely compared to plastic putters. Seems like 300' is really the range for the ridge no matter how hard you throw it and same with the VP. They have great HSS but really fly weird IMO. Not bad discs at all and enjoy them but just fly different than any other companies products.

^only issue with the ridge is the lack of driving d like a wizard, ion, pure etc...

I liked the ridge, VP, sole all just fine but fly uniquely compared to plastic putters. Seems like 300' is really the range for the ridge no matter how hard you throw it and same with the VP. They have great HSS but really fly weird IMO. Not bad discs at all and enjoy them but just fly different than any other companies products.
Yeah...but I like it's lack of comparative distance and how it just sits down when it's done flying. Folks I've seen who can throw a putter 300' seem to have trouble ranging Wizards/Ions/etc and often overshoot, so they end up throwing a mid or even a powered-down fairway which they can range better. That's probably more of an indictment of the players than the discs, but it's what I see locally.

Yeah...but I like it's lack of comparative distance and how it just sits down when it's done flying. Folks I've seen who can throw a putter 300' seem to have trouble ranging Wizards/Ions/etc and often overshoot, so they end up throwing a mid or even a powered-down fairway which they can range better. That's probably more of an indictment of the players than the discs, but it's what I see locally.

^^ this x3!! I can throw my putters 300 but that doesn't mean I do, especially during a round. I prefer to use a mid for the 300 ft range because I don't have to give it as much height or throw it as hard to make it work which really helps my accuracy. There are always exceptions (downhill shots etc) where I would bomb my putter but on flat 300ft shots thats gonna be a mid.

Straightest flying putter I've ever had the privilege of throwing. It's one of the best for putting that I've tried, and I've tried a lot of putters. It seems to release clean and glide well. The best thing about it is if I miss, it's sits down quickly. Easy pars are always nice.

I was looking for a couple more Ridges, but everything on Ebay seems to be under 165g. Is Vibram focusing on making all light weight discs now, or is it just a strange coincidence that all the 170+s are sold out?

I think people keep buying the 170+ ones! I've been looking around for some 170+ ones which aren't the usual green/orange/pink combo, not many out there I like thus far.

Hopefully they'll be making some more of the heavier ones soon. I'm not in a big rush, since the one I have has seen heavy use and it hardly has a scratch on it, but it would be nice to have at least one more for putting practice.

Hopefully they'll be making some more of the heavier ones soon. I'm not in a big rush, since the one I have has seen heavy use and it hardly has a scratch on it, but it would be nice to have at least one more for putting practice.

^ Marshall Street Online has firm and medium ridges in heavier weights and they post a pic of each individual disc so you know what it will look like! I just got a few Firm 174+ ridges today!

^ Hlasianguy06 - I have a medium ridge that I have had for around 2 years and it is pretty beat and it will turn and hold the anny line when I get a good pull.

Last edited: