• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Viking Discs Odin

jmdaire27

Double Eagle Member
Apparently been out since September, but just now seeing some pop up on infinite. Destroyer numbers, slim sounding specs.

Max Weight: 176.8gr
Diameter: 21.3cm
Height: 1.4cm
Rim Depth: 1.1cm
Rim Thickness: 2.3cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 16.6cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 5.2%
Rim Configuration: 26.00
Flexibility: 11.02kg

From Viking Discs

Odin is the long awaited new product from Viking Discs, finally in stock! This 12-speed disc has the right amount of stability and glide, perfectly complementing our selection of drivers. The Odin flies straight and its strong fade bites at the end of the trajectory, ensuring that the disc lands exactly where you want it to.

Could be good. The Fenrir (PD/Fortress numbers) is also becoming available at infinite.

I saw a review of the Odin that it's a less overstable Destroyer/Emperor. Since it's new, there isn't a lot of info, but I picked on up from Infinite since it's on sale this week. Once it gets here (and I find a decently warm day), I can report back. The only other disc I've tried from Viking is the Barbarian and got the wildly overstable glidless brick variant of it (apparently the mold is consistently inconsistent), so I'm really really hoping the Odin will be more consistent.

Apparently been out since September, but just now seeing some pop up on infinite. Destroyer numbers, slim sounding specs.

Max Weight: 176.8gr
Diameter: 21.3cm
Height: 1.4cm
Rim Depth: 1.1cm
Rim Thickness: 2.3cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 16.6cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 5.2%
Rim Configuration: 26.00
Flexibility: 11.02kg

From Viking Discs

Odin is the long awaited new product from Viking Discs, finally in stock! This 12-speed disc has the right amount of stability and glide, perfectly complementing our selection of drivers. The Odin flies straight and its strong fade bites at the end of the trajectory, ensuring that the disc lands exactly where you want it to.

Could be good. The Fenrir (PD/Fortress numbers) is also becoming available at infinite.

Finally got to a course where I could let the Odin fly. It was quite a bit more understable than I expected. I saw a few reviews saying it was a more workable Destroyer out of the box, but this was very US. That being said, it felt controllable to me. Long hyzer flips and enough air allowed this thing to go far!

It seems like I just got an outlier, but I'm not upset with how it flies. Reminds me of a Thrasher. The hand feel isn't quite as beefy feeling as a Destroyer and the plastic feels like Z from Discraft. The rim reminds me of a wider Predator in the hand-- a little sharp, but not painful.

Overall, I'm happy with it even though it doesn't match the flight I expected!

Just picked up 2 Odins, 1 storm, 1 Armor. The rim feels narrower than the listed 2.3. In hand, feels more like a Wraith, but the nose is noticeably sharper. Both are pretty flat, wasn't able to track any down with noticeable dome. Armor plastic feels like a stiffer G-star and Storm feels like a matte/chalky Champ plastic. Excited to see how they fly

Excited to see how they fly

The Storm plastic flew pretty nice, definitely much more understable than -1/3. I would give it -2/2. But the Armor was WILDLY understable... it flew like my beat up Hades. I had to baby it and it still flipped. Definitely couldn't give it a full send (also likely due to bad form). but if you have a slower arm, definitely don't let the numbers scare you away from this disc.

Latest posts