• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside Sword

EL-KABONG

* Ace Member *
King top, new, more stable bottom.

So not a slightly faster boatman as some worried about.

Getting sent for pdga approval soon.

I think it's gonna be between the two in HSS because there is some room there

Approved on 5/6 :thmbup:

westside_sword.jpg

so has anyone had the opportunity to throw this yet?

just unpacked at gggt (along with tourney boatmen - no tourney northmen though)

nice! will be very interested in hearing your thoughts on flight. also, when will they be available for purchase? hopefully we dont have to wait til June 8th

neat, i also hope it's less domey than the others. i really like this companies few discs so far, the king and northman. haven't tried to boatman yet. the plastic and molds are great except i don't like how domey they are.

GGGT has them for sale now (saw them last night there). so other stores as they get there Lat 64 shippments ought to be getting this disc also.

Cheers - Koffee

Ordered a red color shift tourney boatman today from GGGT. Can't wait!

nice! will be very interested in hearing your thoughts on flight. also, when will they be available for purchase? hopefully we dont have to wait til June 8th

lol, unfortunately I don't actually work there (I wish), thats just what the news letter said :)

Curious to see how the Sword flies. My favorite King is getting beat. It'd be cool if the sword beat into a "new-ish" king

devin_707 threw his and he didnt really like it. its definitely not like the boatman. the boatman can handle headwinds where as the sword cant. i was a lil disappointed to say the least BUT its similar to the flow i guess. i didnt throw it because after devin told me how it was flying,i lost interest. i was hoping it would be a longer boatman but id say its between a king and opto flow. he threw it a few times on clean hyzers and it boomed but thrown flat into a moderate wind,it went right and barely tried to come back. so you might get your wish in it beating into a newish king kabong.

devin might chime in for a more in depth analysis but thats just what ive gathered from his throws

mine will be here 2mrw. im gonna be done with the Lat64/westside crap (excluding the Pure) if this is another flipptastic turd disc like the havoc and bolt

so ive gotten several throws in with my tourn sword. im loving it! its stable, not overstable not understable just straight. flies fast and has a very forward flying fade. its like no effort it get it out 380+. its in my bag and with next weeks paycheck i will have a few more on the way.
best things i can compare it to is a longer MOLF or something between an EX and EL but with 80-100 more ft. i could see were big arms might find it flippy.
headwind it flexed a lil but still held its line. tailwind it just flew real flat and straight with almost no fade. L>R it pushed a lil to the right but still finished left and on a straight line, definitely has more flight action in this wind. R>L it held a flat straight line with a slight hyzer. in no wind its just straight money. very very predictable.
in combination with my domey opto flow its gonna rip them fairways up.

To understable for my liking. Booter pretty much nailed it. I threw it in a moderate headwind (10mph) with a lot of hyzer and it almost flipped into a roller. I was hoping for a more stable flow, and it definately isnt.

It was a sparkle burnt orange vip one btw. Are the tournament plastic ones more stable?

Latest posts