• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What are the 5 easiest long distance drivers to throw?

ominae

I'm still working with midranges and fairway drivers and I think that I am getting ready to move up to a long distance driver. I throw RHBH, any suggestions?

Valkyrie would be my vote. It's understable so that will help you early on. As you improve, it will become a nice hyzer flip disc and as it beats in, a nice roller disc.

According to people who have researched this to death, anything with a rim width less than 1.9cm. These would include things like an Orc, Wildcat, etc. I'd start looking in that area.

The reasoning is that you can grip these better and thus getting a better snap. Don't immediately go for the ultra fast drivers--they're beyond you (and most players), especially at this point. Focus on your technique and you'll be lightyears beyond other players who have been playing as long or longer than you.

Daniel

Valkyrie, Archangle, Firebird, FL, Starfire...maybe Monarch or Vision depending on how fast you want to go. Do you have a stability preference? Personally the Valk is my favorite long distance driver for RHBH shots, but an understable disc like the Monarch can mask a little bit of OAT and give you some nice long distance s-curves...

Well the reason I wanted definition is, things like a Teebird, Leopard, even Stalker can go pretty far when thrown right and conversely things like a Boss, Katana, even a Monarch can be pretty short if thrown wrong.

If we are talking distance beyond Teebird speed, speed 8 and up ( I will stick with Innova here cause I dont know a lot about this spot on Discraft and other) in order of easiest to harder I would say Dragon, Archangel, Valk then maybe Beast, then, I dont know Wraith? But definately the first 3.

I'm still working with midranges and fairway drivers and I think that I am getting ready to move up to a long distance driver. I throw RHBH, any suggestions?
I'd say:

DX Valk
DX Viking
X XS

Are the top three and it kind of drops off from there. You'll either be sacrificing more predicitibility than you want or they'll be harder to throw than you want.

Every disc is super easy to throw, you just grip it and throw it. Maybe you are doing something wrong or maybe you meant "Which long distance driver is easiest a long way for a person in my power range". If that is the case, please answer Discspeed's question above.

When I moved up from the Leopard, the Teebird and Beast were easiest to get good consistent distance with. The Stalker is pretty easy to get distance with as well.

Innova Valkyrie

Innova Viking

Innova SL

Millinuem Orion LS

Discraft Avenger SS

Innova Monarch

Innova Beast

Last edited:
See! Every disc is easy to throw.

He didn't say she threw it well...

As for the OP, the first time I threw a driver it was a beast that I borrowed from a friend. It worked pretty well, but I've never actually bought a beast. You should try different discs and pick the one that works the best for you and your amount of power/spin.

Step 1: Look at Joes Universal Flight Chart
Step 2: Determine your power band by looking at the power requirement chart on the left.
Step 3: Look for discs fall into that category. The ones that are rated -1/+3 or -2/+2 are probably going to be what you are looking for.

Latest posts