• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What disc are you planning on bagging or anticipating the most used for 2021?!

I put together a Gyro bag for fun rounds and the Envy is getting a ton of milage off the tee and putting. It borderlines on Mid-range distance with not a lot of effort. The premium Envy is a great approach disc.
The Envy is my answer.
MVP(co) makes nice putters across the board.

I am bagging a Champion Firebird (or two) for the first time in years. Feeling wowee about it. Was previously bagging a Star FL for a bit, and liked it for a heavily wooded hole, where I would force over a high anhyzer that needs to flex out and fade back left, making a big S curve around two groups of trees. Sexy curves feel even more exotic when done with unusual discs. The FL beat in to too straight, however. So, I am going with more beef.

I now have a pile of FLs sitting in a box(es), that I acquired for overstable stuff, thinking they would be enough for my middle-aged arm. Kind of wondering if they could beat in to fill Teebird duties. Though, if they did, then I would have a pile of Teebirds just sitting in a box(es). First world problems.

Discraft Zone. Most upshots forehand and backhand. Used almost every hole unless drives make the putting distance.

Pro thunderbirds and valks for me. I can't get enough of them. A couple of each in various states of wear covers most of distance shots.

Between different plastics and different weights those two can cover the distance driver slots for pretty much all of us rec players

Between different plastics and different weights those two can cover the distance driver slots for pretty much all of us rec players

For me it's the CD2 and the Hatchet, but you're absolutely right about focusing down to a couple of molds, and then working different plastics, weights and amount of beat-in. Nothing better than finding a mold that throws well for you, and just "feels right" in the hand.

Certainly not a new mold, but MST just had a sale on their vintage discs, so I picked up a stack of these for $7.99 a piece. Feel like I found a hidden treasure or something. These things feel like a KC pro roc but the pro plastic feels even better than the stiff KC pro out there today. Also, the stability is perfect...throwing a hyzer with this Sentinel is like throwing a ball at your target, it just goes up and sticks. Really a perfect stable compliment to rocs
fb174d13439796b14bd93df7dd6b4141.jpg

I'm hoping I can get my hands on a pink 2021 Sexybird when they drop. I passed on so many of the nice blue/green ones last year because my OCD gets the best of me :p

Certainly not a new mold, but MST just had a sale on their vintage discs, so I picked up a stack of these for $7.99 a piece. Feel like I found a hidden treasure or something. These things feel like a KC pro roc but the pro plastic feels even better than the stiff KC pro out there today. Also, the stability is perfect...throwing a hyzer with this Sentinel is like throwing a ball at your target, it just goes up and sticks. Really a perfect stable compliment to rocs
I've seen the Sentinel mentioned as a compliment to a Roc, I have yet to run across once locally to try it, it feels like a mold I would like.

Nothings changing in my bag. I like my setup and I've tried too many molds from a variety of manufacturers, so nothing new sways my interest. Unless one of my molds has a new plastic available. Fingers crossed for Legacy dropping production Gravity Pursuits.

Otherwise, I'm just waiting for the snow too melt.

I just added a Z Zone to the bag in place of a 2020 flat top, slightly gummy, 750 A2.
I've never been really happy with whatever I put in that slot. I've been forcing myself to throw the Zone all the time. Yesterday I spent almost an hour in a field throwing them (I have a small stack for practice, and one in Ti, and one in ESP.) to try and dial in the feel for angle, flight, power, distance and landing angle both forehand and backhand. I like it better forehand than backhand.

Also added recently is a Star Sidewinder. I've been throwing rollers with it. That's really fun. It's opened up some new lines, long high turnovers, hyzer to anny in the woods, etc. And it feels good doing that both forehand and backhand. So double-plus bonus for me.

The rest of what I throw probably won't change. A lot of moderately to very overstable plastic to fight the wind on open flat courses. Some straight and slightly understable stuff, and a really flippy 400G F5, for the few times I play in the woods.

Switching my putters up. Will be focusing on a soft Warden and a Prodigy PA-4 300.

Yeah, I've stocked up on these too. Malta, pyro, drone all turned right on a full rip. Sentinel holds its line and the fade is not crazy.

I plan to experiment more with understable discs, in order to throw with less power and more finesse.

And I might start bagging a midrange: DX Roc3.

Not sure how to deal with the resulting relatively large increase in bag size, as I usually go very minimal. I don't really want to drop any of my trusties ... But anyways, these are the two directions my bag seems to move to.

I plan to experiment more with understable discs, in order to throw with less power and more finesse.

And I might start bagging a midrange: DX Roc3.

Not sure how to deal with the resulting relatively large increase in bag size, as I usually go very minimal. I don't really want to drop any of my trusties ... But anyways, these are the two directions my bag seems to move to.

I did that last year 2020 with my consistent disc golf line bomber, Archon. That is my faster Valkyrie also in bag that I am bagging for the same line as Valkyrie only 15-20 feet further with the Star, I should drop my Champion mold same weight 170 grams as that came out as a dud that is same line just a 2 in glide. I got the mold due to my Champion Destroyer's one 167 gram dome to flat top being only able to use best on a good day and the other 170 gram on higher wind only on days I when I should not be playing disc golf due to wind advisory.

If the DX is not enough durability try the Star ROC 3 and wear it in a tad by hitting at closer range a building wall like a bathroom in a public park.

I do not want to try new molds this year unless something I want comes out, as each year after 2016 I have tried at least 1 new mold in my bag to either replace something or to fix my bag, I also tried a higher weight in the same mold Shark in different plastic Last of Pro 175 grams in 2014 then got a Star in about same weight in 2016 as well as later in 2019, backup discs. Now I just will remove 1 or 2 molds like the Champion Archon as that lacks glide so it only gets 10-15 feet past Valkyrie unlike my Star Archon that gets 15-20 feet sometimes 25 feet.

Then only if need be should I loose my Champion Shark 3, mold I use as my true midrange including the 2 backup for the 2 in my bag, a Champion Lion is what I will get since the mold in seeing tests online mold flies exactly like a Champion Shark 3. Yes I can use a bead if I can throw an Archer for a midrange style fairway for gentle right shots as I have no forehand ability at all, then overpower my Dragon for harder right shots.

Latest posts