• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What disc flys like a viking?

jaw4

Bogey Member
I'm a discraft thrower, but the one innova I can't take out of my bag is the viking (or sometimes i'll switch it out with a champion beast). What discraft disc will fly close to this?

If you ever have a ? like that in the future you can take a look at this chart. I use it all the time and have it saved in my favorites.

I was going to say the flash. The Viking is faster than an xs IIRC

viking is faster the xs has better glide the end up about the same. the riptide is similar to the viking as well.

I would say a Viking, but the XS suggestion is pretty close. The XS is a little slower than the Viking. Get a heavier elite Z XS and you shouldn't notice much difference between the two. A Z XL might even be closer.

I'm a discraft thrower, but the one innova I can't take out of my bag is the viking (or sometimes i'll switch it out with a champion beast). What discraft disc will fly close to this?

are you sponsored? if not whats the big deal?

The facism on these boards reguarding mixed bags is un real... F innova! Especially in reguards to the viking; the reason the viking isnt more popular is due to innova's inability to properly mark their discs. Id also consider the fear of them changing the mold a valid concern.

The wildcat and xs are dc's valks. The viking is a valk with a bump in fade.
The flash compares to the orc and beast.

So none are quite a perfect swap but i could see the xs, flash, or even avenger suiting your needs.

Actually the Viking is a Valkyrie with less HST ... and pretty much the same fade. For all the BS you hear here, it's actually a pretty well thought of disc if not slightly overshadowed by the Valkyrie.

Actually the Viking is a Valkyrie with less HST ... and pretty much the same fade. For all the BS you hear here, it's actually a pretty well thought of disc if not slightly overshadowed by the Valkyrie.

i believe you mean more hss. the viking has a turn rating of -1 and the valk-2.
i like both the viking and the valk and would agree with the flight numbers.

I think he meant less high speed turn, HST. This actually means more high speed stable which is exactly what you are saying. You are both saying the same thing.

I think he meant less high speed turn, HST. This actually means more high speed stable which is exactly what you are saying. You are both saying the same thing.

<British accent> Sorry, times up. I can't argue with you any more. :D

correct i miss read hst as hss.:doh: my bad haven't seen the hst before but we were saying the samething.

Latest posts