• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is most important to you in a DG course?

-Challenging holes
-Hole variation (I don't wan't to ever play the same hole twice)
-Woods, lots of 'um
-Naturaly Beautifull
-A lack of people out there, I'm talking about any group over a 5some
-A good club envolvment

The things that don't make a big difference to me, that seem to for other people:
-Concrete teepads
-Baskets
-Benches
-Trash cans (you should be able to pack out what you pack in)

Quality vs. quantity when it comes to the hole layout
Clean course
baskets/tee pads
elevation is a plus but not a must
locals
how crowded it is
challenging

Good tee pads
A well maintained course
good baskets
good signs
conceivable par (no 1000' par 3's)

Last edited:
I haven't counted, but it looks like "good signs" is ahead of any mention of the holes themselves.

1. Fun Factor from elevation changes, water hazards, epic holes, etc.

2. Scenic Beauty of landscape from mowed fairways, mature trees, hills, rocks, water features, etc.

3. Design should be not too hard, not too easy, but have a great variety of holes from wooded to open, long to short, curving to straight, narrow to wide, uphill to down, over water to dry, punishing to aceable.

That's all I need. I don't need signs, good baskets, concrete tees, maps, restrooms, trashcans or multiple anythings however a bench every few holes is always nice.

For me in order of priority
1. Well designed, challenging yet fun course
2. Signs! I have to know what is going on
3. Trees large enough to create an obstacle, no desert courses!
4. Large cement teepads.
5. Good baskets, preferably Mach III's
6. Trash cans
7. Easy parking.

That's all I need. I don't need signs, good baskets, concrete tees, maps, restrooms, trashcans or multiple anythings however a bench every few holes is always nice.

I'm in there with you 100%. Too much is put into ammenities as the reasons a course is great. A great course should be fun, challenging, and beutifull before anything else.

1. Shot variety
2. well maintained
3. Well designed course

A course has to have a good design that uses the terrain. Secondly, the throwing area has to be in good shape. Concrete tees and great signage aren't a must to play, but sure make things nicer. Trees, water, and elevation go into the good design part.

Trash cans and things like that are always low on my list since I'm a pack it in pack it out kind of guy.

Signs.

Nothing is more frustrating than looking at a park full of baskets and not knowing where to throw from and which basket to throw to.

Latest posts