• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What is the fattest pig that you throw(n)?

What is the fattest pig that you throw(n)

I find this question kind of humorous since there is a disc called a Pig and I throw Pigs. Also, I haven't really heard overstability referenced this way. Anyway, Pigs aren't actually the most OS disc I throw. I have a champion Firebird and a very high PLH champion Destroyer for big headwinds, although I don't put them in my bag unless there ARE big headwinds. I also bag a champion Gator, which is probably the most OS disc that's in there all the time.

Most overstable I'm currently carrying are an old pearly champion gator and a flat 11X firebird. But they are both worn in and nowhere near their original overstability.

Most OS I've ever had in the bag for an extended period?

Gateway Demon
Gateway Spirit (original Nike protos)
Gateway Speed Demon

Mmm, Spirit or Stiletto its a toss up.

As far as what I've thrown, the FAF Firebird that I no longer have was by far the most OS.
This. The most stupidly OS disc I've thrown was a 12x FAF Champ Firebird. It would hook immediately out of my hand. Not really usable for me.

My Zone is not very beefy. I can actually throw it flat and it will fly before fading, unlike the Firebird.

Drone would be my most beefy disc. It's Grade A.

A Drone for me.

Have a Gator, but I don't bag it.

Just bought a Star Firebird, have to wait for the snow to go away before I know how much of a pig it is though.

Gateway Spirit. My buddy got a bunch of super lightweight (like, 135g) sure grip Spirits when we were in Korea, and the thing was basically unthrowable. It almost barrel rolled. Pure craziness.

^^^This and everybody else is wrong!

174 N Resistor. Flicked on a hard anny it still immediately turns into a meathook.

I own a CFR Glo Blz Champ MAX. Omg it's retardedly overstable. Either that or an X1. The Max you can throw 4 inches above the ground and it WILL end up perpendicular to the ground.

I'm always on the lookout for a more overstable utility disc. Recently started using the H1. It kicked the Pig out of the bag because i can throw them about the same distance.

The beefiest thing I've thrown is a Champ Viper.

But the beefiest thing I currently have bagged is a mysteriously OS Avenger.

I am with you on the Avenger. I bag a Z in 175, it is a utility disc for me and my noodle arm for windy days and big hyzers. You know, the ones that need to go over stuff and ALWAYS finish left (RHBH) !

The most stupid OS thing I've thrown is a bottom stamped star destroyer. I can rip a flick with all my might and there nothing I can do to make it go left one iota.