• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the most beautiful/scenic course you have played?

Seriously?!?:\

yeah seriously it blows everything else Ive played away.....I tried to fight my bias but I'm convinced shes the prettiest course Ive played...today I was out getting thwacked by her and really was taking in the sights...the waterfalls, the lake views, the deep woods, the streams, the ponds, the stone walls, the wildlife...its just a beautiful course and Im convinced its the prettiest woods course in the nation.

yeah seriously it blows everything else Ive played away.....I tried to fight my bias but I'm convinced shes the prettiest course Ive played...today I was out getting thwacked by her and really was taking in the sights...the waterfalls, the lake views, the deep woods, the streams, the ponds, the stone walls, the wildlife...its just a beautiful course and Im convinced its the prettiest woods course in the nation.

Sold...:D I'll notify you when I'm in the area.;)

Sold...:D I'll notify you when I'm in the area.;)

I just gave smoothsailor from Ohio the lehigh valley tour today.....we played Nocky, Jordan and then South Mountain. He wasvery impressed with Nocky and I'm pretty sure he wasnt kissing my ass...if you ever get out here let me know I'd love to show you around :clap:

I am suprised that no one has mentioned Diamond X. When it comes to epic I am not sure anything else comes close. In the post a cool picture thread cbswinding???? posted some amazing pictures of both Diamond X and Makoshika that made me immediately start planning my next vacation to Montana.

You won't be disappointed.

On planning the Diamond X trip, we needed a place to camp and disc and found Glendive to be the perfect spot. Our jaws dropped when we entered the state park. The course literally tracks through Montana's Badland formations (google map it and check out the satellite view!). When we were there, we had the campground and course to ourselves!

Diamond X is also very picturesque! Wish we would've had one more day there. But in my opinion, Makoshika turned out to be the gem of the trip!

37d71b6a.jpg

Flip City is an amazing course with some sweet views. A lot of hills with the crazy shots.
I would love to make a trip to Makoshika. That looks like a fun course.

Another course that is scenic is NSRA in Sedro Wooley, WA

Their "art" baskets are a bit weird (I like the creativity though) but the pictures of the North Cascade Mountains are wonderful. Also the course is laid out on an old farm with old barns everywhere and the course is very secluded. Some pics:

6e1d28af.jpg

659cb3af.jpg

c0c7417e.jpg

Milo McIver, gets my vote. I dig Stafford Lake, Pier Park, and Lucky Mud, but there is something about playing alongside a full on river that does it for me.

Main Question:
What is the most beautiful/scenic course you have played?

Other Thoughts:
If you wanted to introduce a nondiscer to the game and needed a course that would convey the beauty of the game; what course would you take them to?
This doesn't need to be the most beautiful and most difficult. In fact, I'm more interested in beauty and overall vibe than challenge.
Most people who haven't tried DG, can't understand why those who have are so obsessed. Where would you take the doubters to show them the light?

If you're talking about first-timers, then some of the sierra courses may be a little too challenging...Zephyr Cove has some real elevation changes...a course like Truckee might be a little less intimidating, but still great views of the river, etc...I haven't thrown at Squaw, but from the reviews I've read, it sounds like it could be a challenge even for me...and I love to throw.

A course like Hanging Oaks or Condon Park might be a better choice, so as not to be overbearing to a new player...my mom really liked Shady Oaks, in Sacramento. Not a lot of climbing, etc, she could focus on trying to learn the game, rather then learning to hike...

I'm gonna be a total homer and continue to pimp Nockamixon in PA as the most beautiful of 144 played for me...
Opti, you missed it on your moniker. Nocka-homer would have been much more appropriate.

Beaver Ranch and Winter Park, Co are the most scenic ive played and will be hard to top. as far as the remote area where i live, i would suggest the hour and a half drive to The lodge at pawhuska, ok. cant beat it for oklahoma courses and are some of the most beautiful ive played. the experience at The Lodge is unmatched for any courses on my list.

In no particular order:

Coyote Point @ Lake Casitas
Base Camp Adventure Lodge (Didn't play it, but made it about three miles from the course before we had to turn around, those of you that have been there will understand why the Hyundai didn't quite make it.)
Old City Park

I do love this thread. There are some beautiful courses out there for sure. If everything goes according to plan I should be playing both Flip City and the Ludington courses this weekend.

Latest posts