• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is your Achilles heel on the course?

Putting consistency, more specifically gimme putts. Last tourney I was nailing scramble putts, beyond the circle, and didn't three putt once, but still missed a 1 or 2 inside the circle per round.

Last edited:
Playing on a public course with public walking through stresses me way out.
Approaching a shot thinking I have to get a 3 on this hole and not focusing on the shot.
Assuming the worst is going to happen before throwing.
Forgetting all the practice I've put in and not commiting.
INCONSISTENCY!

Ouch I've got a lot to sort out!

My achilles heel is probably anhyzers, especially ones that need a late, hard turn.

For me it's "the lie" of the disc. For some reason I have the weirdest, strangest, luck when it comes to where my disc ultimately comes to a rest...after a great looking throw. It might land right behind a tree, or on a few rocks making my stance off balance, etc, etc, anything just to make my approach shot a real pain in the a$$. And it happens...time...after time.

I have trouble working the disc right to left off the tee on longer shots. I have a good thumber that masks this on shots up to 300' but hard doglegs right or 350' + anhyzers/flicks i struggle with.

Anything that I have to forehand, massive anhyzer? No problem.. Low ceiling 200ft flick not going to happen

Forehands. I will choose a more difficult line with a backhand to avoid throwing them, and when I have no choice I throw them with very little confidence.

20-60 foot putts

I am usually money for anything inside 20 feet but once I get beyond that my percentage drops to almost zero. My putting style is not conducive to longer shots and so once I am outside that range I freak out and end up doing something dumb.

My achilles heel is tree limbs and shrubs. I slowly clear more paths to throw the more times I play. If course designers don't want to do it I'll pick up the slack.

Forehand shots off the tee. When I started playing, before I knew proper technique, I hurt my shoulder throwing forehands. Now I am gun shy to put too much power into a forehand even though I have learned the proper technique.