• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what kind of sandpaper for getting out annoying nicks?

A friend of mine, the guy who introduced me to disc golf, carries a foot shaver in his bag to clean up the edges of his discs. The first time I saw him use it I learned two things. 1. That something called a foot shaver exists, and 2. They make for a decent disc repair tool.

Another vote for the sanding sponges/ pads. Fine grit. Had mine from painting the house. They work great and are easier to use then sandpaper.

I use the carpeting in my vehicle to smooth out scrapes if needed.
Must....resist....flaming.........:wall:

I'm betting that those most concerned about the legality of sanding probably couldn't win a skins match against Donald Duck, Amy Winehouse and Stephen Hawking.

I carry a dry wall sanding block with the med grit and fine grit in my bag. The spongy block is easy to keep in your bag and use when you get those burrs or other scratches you want to buff out.
This is what i use. a few other guys in the area have them as well. They work great.

green scotch brite pads for me.

Yep. You can cut these in half or even in quarters so they weigh next to nothing, take up almost no space, are still easy to grip and use and finally are 100% legal to use to smooth out dings. Also, they're super cheap and last for years if you just use it to smooth out rough edges from time to time.

Sandpaper is a pain for me, cause it keeps folding up so you can't grip it, or tears when you try to use it. I couldn't imagine carrying around a grinding stone, metal file or foot scraper.

The one secondary use for a foot scraper that I've found is to smooth down the sharp edges of your dogs nails after you clip them. I hate those super sharp dog nails. I couldn't imagine using that sucker on my actual feet, though.