• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What molds do you need to try?

I really cannot think of a single one right now, which is uncharacteristic of me. Are my plastic-mongering days at an end??!? Tune in tomorrow to find out.

Really, though. The only thing I think right now might be a champ tern since everyone keeps talking about them.

As a newer player the reports about the UnLace giving weaker arms more distance has me curious. Could it be the dependable 325'+ disc? Nonetheless, my experience with the Volt has cautioned me. I had high hopes for that one but it taught me that I wasn't ready. For me it is a meat-hook.

Curious about the River too, but afraid it would replace my beloved Leopards.

Oh! The banshee. I bought one the other day, a champ "distance driver" stamped one at 165 grams and right now I only have a breaker and cpd in my over stable slots. Might be fun as an overhand disc and for some wind fighting ability. Maybe I could use it instead of an overstable midrange?

I've finally got around to using a Discraft XL. 166 ESP, amazing glide, easy hyzer flip for distance, great anny disc too. I think I'm switching to using Discraft molds next year so gonna have some quality time with new molds this winter. One I still need to try: Zone. Got a Crystal Z coming that I can't wait to try. Also, the Meteor.

Now sometimes I'm pretty naive but "fluke" as in something that can't be repeated.

OK, I made the whole thing up. I've got the following eBay items on the way, all new and in Star for $61:
Archon
Coyote
Gator
Rhyno
Spider
TeeDevil

I haven't tried any of them.

Because your question goes to molds and not different variants of molds in my bag, here's my list:

AJ Teebird (but I wish they came in a brighter color - red, yellow, or orange)
Brinster Teebird
PD - S- and P-lines

Because your question goes to molds and not different variants of molds in my bag, here's my list:

AJ Teebird (but I wish they came in a brighter color - red, yellow, or orange)
Brinster Teebird
PD - S- and P-lines

My 166g p-PD is currently the furthest flying disc I have in my bag. One of my favorites on long open holes for sure!

Only thing I'm looking to get a hold of right now is a polecat. What I should probably do is sign up on here and sell off most of the discs I've bought to try out that haven't made it into my bag.

I want to try a PD in all three plastics, but I also want to wait and see if DD has something come out that I could use in this spot because I have a lot of innova in my bag and would like to find a disc from DD because I think they're a great company. I'd also like to try a pro Roc3 because I'm really liking innova's pro plastic right now but I want it to be a production run before I do.

im waiting on my pro saints to come. if there a bust i wanna try out the moonshine ones. otherwise im going to keep my pd-saint-sidewinder speed 9 slot how it is. if the pro kicks anoos ill go pro saint-saint-sidewinder.

also i wanna try a wizard again. when i started i didnt like it but i would use it for driving/more OS than my dx aviars i love and will never stop using as main putter. but my kc pros arent cutting it so i want to see if the wiz is superior.

an unlace for the hell of it would be fun but im not buying one, hope a buddy picks one up haha

I've been putting off throwing my Eagles for around six months now. I have some Star Eagles that I wanted to try & cycle since I already cycle Rocs & Destroyers. The reason I haven't done it yet is I don't know if I have the heart to drop my Teebirds. I love my Brinster & 11x Birds. My Teebirds paired with my Leopard have coverd my fairway needs so well for so long now.

My 166g p-PD is currently the furthest flying disc I have in my bag. One of my favorites on long open holes for sure!
Basically my thoughts as well - weight and plastic wise. I'm just not if I have any business throwing a PD and it will likely overlap with my Teebird and Eagle, causing some confusion on what to throw for drives.

What I really want to try are 150-class PD's.

Escapes..just about nailed an ace with a lucid on my very first throw with it. Ordered a bio fusion just now as well. Also interested in trying out more vibram. I like the results I've had out of my lace,unlace, and trak.