• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What shoes do you wear while playing?

hahahaha - nice ^^^.. i was in MI for a weekend and heard his commercial at least 3x

I've been wearing a pair of North Face hiking shoes that I picked up about 8 years ago. I didn't hike nearly as much as I thought I would and started wearing them for disc golf and my winter shoes (waterproofed them) 2 years ago and they finally need replaced. I didn't wear them very often until the last two years, but I love them, sad to see them falling apart :thmbdown:

It's interesting, on a tee pad, there is a lot of round swirls, lots...

Got to thinking about that statement and took a look at my hot, dry weather footwear---Tevas. I'm a LHBH, and damn if my left sole rubber hasn't worn through and cracked across from all the rotational wear of footplant. :(

yea - I will also chime in on the less-than-desirable durability from Merrell... especially in recent years.

I've been thru many brands/types:
- started with some old slip-on, waterproof Tevas (worked great, eventually wore out after 2+ years)
- Keen... started with some Newports for summer play and then ventured into their DG line, not impressed - continued trying Keens and just found they didn't fit well on my foot - not knocking them in the least bit, but my ankle would always slip and move (think, chicken legs)
- Merrell - eh... the Vibram soles could only do so much to improve my allegiance to this shoe brand.. lugs fell apart, rips in the mesh, etc. etc.
- Northface - good shoe, low durability (bout half a year)
- Salomon - great shoe, decent durability (almost a year)

and then I thought, 'hey how bout i give ol' Teva another go'.... and then, BAM
- Teva Riva eVents
- a hell of a shoe, virtually unscathed after 2 months of use (recent months, cold/wet conditions, 3x per week)

Thanks for the tip on the Tevas. I just mailed them my 4 month old Verdon WP that gave up being waterproof after 2 months. I will use my credit to upgrade to the Riva eVents.

Adidas Kandadia Tr 3. Great grip, comfy and plain awesome!

Absolutely. I just wore out pair number one, I'm wearing pair number two, and I bought two more pairs that are waiting for me to use. You can sometimes get them as cheap as $35-40 a pair.

I use DVS. Easy to find, big toe, and lots of ankle cushion. Has taken me two years of playing 3+ times a week to run through mine.

In the summer time I really like wearing my Saucony ProGrid Xodus. Comfortable and with a vibram trail worthy sole on it.

Wintertime/wet conditions right now I'm using Keen Newport Trailheads (which apparently they don't make anymore) but I don't like the lack of traction even though it has a wide lug. I will probably go back to Merrell Moab XCR Goretex for bad conditions. They don't hold up as long but are a pretty good overall shoe and have nice traction.

Warm days i rock the Merrell Trail Glove barefoot shoes. Winter i go with a pair of older cross trainers, asics gel model with newly acquired NRS Wetsocks. Looking to get a bigger pair of the Merrells to wear those socks in tho. Played 2 rounds at Blue Ribbon Pines one day here in MN this winter with the Wetsocks on and my feet never once got cold or even chilled while walking thru the snow and slush. :D

Been going with the North Face Snow Sneaker during these wet months. They're OK comfort-wise, but after playing twice a week for the past three months, I've noticed that the toes are starting to show some wear and the rubber is beginning to separate. My next pair, I'm definitely going with something with a toecap. I found a pair of Golite Blaze trail running shoes for cheap so we'll see how it goes.

Since its too cold for me to play during winter months, i only get rounds in during the warmer months. But i usually play in a pair of nike air max 91's.. comfortable and has a ton of cushion for the longer courses.

For winter I took a pair of comfy el cheapo timberland shoes I've had for a while a put a few coats of plasti dip on them
Works good enough for me :)

Keep in mind these aren't waterproof either even though the eVent material is supposed to be...Had to pick up a pair of real GTX Merrells for full waterproofing.

Thanks for the tip on the Tevas. I just mailed them my 4 month old Verdon WP that gave up being waterproof after 2 months. I will use my credit to upgrade to the Riva eVents.

Ok.. So my birthday was this week, and decided to get some new shoes. For the past year I've played in Merrell Moabs, but they weren't exactly the most comfortable. I ended up getting

Merrell CTR Cruise
images

and

Asics Gel Nymbus 12
images

Sadly it's been too wet for me to be playing too much, but on that note... My Moabs were awesome against water until recently, because the fabric material has started to pull away from the sole a little. I was scotch-guarding my shoes when I realized, I could use a little plasti-dip on my moabs. I used a small brush to put the plastidip where it was starting to come apart, now they're back to being pretty well waterproof.

****'s so ****ty I question why I'm playing DG: Warm, waterproof boots.

everything else: Merrell Chameleon Stetch 4's.

I did buy a pair of these Salomonss to try out for summer discing. The pair of shoes weighs less than a single chameleon 4. They are freaky light, doesn't feel like I'm wearing shoes when I put them on. Now I just need the right weather to test them out.

Latest posts