• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What was the first disc golf disc that you threw?

jmgdiscgolf

Par Member
What was the first disc golf disc that you threw and do you remember how far it went? Was it on a disc golf course or in a field?

Star beast my best friend lent me. And it was on the course. Played very badly lol. Was pretty pissed. Then that Christmas I received a bag and discs. That's when I consider myself started, I only played twice or so that summer anyways.

Funny you ask. The very first one that I threw was an F-15 Eagle or some other kind of lighting disc from when lighting was using planes to name there discs. At the time I didnt even know it was a golf disc and my friends weren't even sure. I didn't find out till much later what it was. At the time it was just some random frisbee in a box full of old sports equipment in the basement. Wish I still had it though.

want to say a DGA Kitty Hawk. first disc i ever bought was a Discraft Phantom+ prototype

Aviar - back when it was considered a high-speed driver. I remember thinking it was crazy overstable compared to a Frisbee.:rolleyes:

Picked up a DX Roc and DX Archangel as my first discs, because of kickass stamps. And also because the AA said "DISTANCE DRIVER". I threw nicely, close to the basket and though hey this is easy, until i had been playing to the wrong basket, about 100 feet away, when the actual basket was like 300 away.

Later I made the same mistake everybody makes and got too fast and overstable discs, but those 2 were actually very good beginner discs. The Roc I still have although it has been chewed up by a dog. Archangel was lost in the schule ways back.

It was a pro D magnet, and if it got out 100 ft I'd be shocked. 1st discs I bought that I began to throw well were a blue DX roc and a pro D cyclone. Special places in the heart for those two

I think it was a Cyclone but not positive. I threw lots of cheap frisbees before then and Ultimate style discs. More assimilated to being kids toys then Golf Discs.

No idea about the first disc I threw.
Got one loaned to me by somebody and don't recall what disc.
Went to the local PIAS pretty quickly (same day?) and got a Star Kite. Still have it. Still haven't really figured that disc out.
How far did it go? Again, don't recall. My best guess is that it didn't get far.

Latest posts