• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] "What's in my bag"....for noodle arms only

I'll add to the see my sig line. I throw ~320 ft on a golf line with max outs around 350ft with my fastest stuff on here.

I actually like the beast significantly more than the valk even though they're very close - it just fits my hand nicer and I feel is a tiny bit flatter so it's easier for my smaller hands to get around.

The witness turned out to be a nice disc for me when I need something to go left (lhbh) and I can't throw a forehand. That and it ended up being a disc I could bomb in a tailwind.

I don't think anyone has mentioned the M4 quite yet - I have this in the proto plastic in the early runs when they were still molding them in the 400s plastic - those discs are soooo money...

Just finished a tourney that was held on an out of season ski hill where most tee offs were facing loooooooong uphill fairways in one fashion or another. The distance driver most commonly used by my noodle-armed adversaries was the Starlite Tern. After watching them crush drive after drive I decided I would have to snag one for myself after the tourney. It's a little slice of awesomeness at 151.5. Out the box it has a little less HSS than my somewhat stable Bliz Tern, but feel great in the hand and are very controllable.

I've been slowly trending more noodle discs than ever before because most of the courses I've played lately are low, tight, and dogleg ing right. Next disc on my list is a Starlite RR.
I recommend : Tern, Valk, E.L., Leopard

I keep some lighter weight discs for uphill and downwind throws. I'm considering putting a lighter weight mid in my bag too for off-balance throws. I found I wasn't using the straight finishing mids very often and the Opto Judge fills that niche very well. I throw the Suspect on nearly every hole when I don't have the distance to get there in 1.

PDs for hyzers and light headwinds, 166g and 175g S-line.

Saints are my main driver, I throw a 155g Opto Air, a 167g Opto, and a 175g Opto.

Sidewinders: 156g Champion and 167g Star for shaping shots and quick turning thumbers.

Firebird 147g Champion and Saint Pro 167g Opto for wind and sidearms.

TL3: 168g Star for tight tunnels and anhyzers that ride the line start to finish.

Teebirds: 158g Star, (T3) 166g Star, 175g Star,

Mids: McPro Roc3, Suspect Blend (doubles as OS putter), Verdict Lucid

Putters: Judge Lucid, Judge Blend x 2

Last edited:
I'm semi-noodle armed but still try to throw up to Speed 12 on moat days. For the majority distance shots, I'm throwing the TD. Anything inside 350 is usually the F3 or F5. Everything else is for specific shots.

I cannot recommend the TD enough. It is a fantastic disc for slower arms. The PD is a great, Overstable complement.

Obviously the Sidewinder, Valkyrie, Roadrunner, and Orc are great Innova throwers. Witness or Escape and even the new Thief are great DD options.

You may want to also look into the Renegade. I just put one in my bag and DAMN this thing soars! It's a Speed 11, and I can absolutely get it up the the required speed for its beautiful S-curve flights. It turns over nicely for those finesse, long-anny shots

171 Pro Wraith (my into the wind disc)
156 Blizzard Krait (boight on a whim to see what all the blizzard fuss was about and I love it)
169 Star Valkyrie ( beat in and holds beautiful annies and hyzer flips to a laser beam)
171 Champion Valkyrie
175 Gold line River
172 Pro Leopard
175 Champion Panther
175 Champion Mako 3
175 Pro Roc
180 Star Rancho Roc
175 Fusion Suspect
175 Recycled line Spike
175 Yeti Pro Aviar
175 R-Pro Aviar

i currently bag for noodle arms

159 O-Lace Medium
159 O-Lace Firm
157 Solace Medium

perfect discs you can really throw your hardest on and they always come back.

Hardly would consider 300ft a noodle arm.. maybe some sarcasm has escaped me in some of these posts

My distance climb was very gradual but I remember my first consistent 350' was with a 150g 11x teebird when every other disc I tried was under 325' 90% of the time and rarely over 350'.

I only throw up to speed 9 on my BH drives
Drivers: Escape, Lat 64 Jade (my favorite disc right now), Diamond, TL, Leopard
Mids: Buzzz (Pro-D and Z), M3, and Fuse
Putters: SSS Wizard, Banger GT, Champ Gummy Aviar

I throw a Trespass for my FH and sometimes a Champ Beast for FH anny shots.

my golf distance is about 325'

I max out at speed 10 or so as well. I throw Monarch's and Nuke's for distance. The Nuke I throw tomahawk or thumber. I can put it out just as far as my Monarch throwing forearm.

I use an Eagle-X instead of a Teebird as my workhorse fairway. I find it to be more flexible in what you can do with it and prefer the grip. I carry 3. (2 champion in different stages of wear and 1 GStar which is relatively beefy)

I also like the Saint a lot and the PD.

For some more finesse-y stuff I prefer a Trak or River, although I have used a lot of Leopards in the past.

Last edited:
I'm throwing 166 P and S line PDs. Mellow low speed flight.. they don't drop out of the sky when they slow down.

I'm throwing 166 P and S line PDs. Mellow low speed flight.. they don't drop out of the sky when they slow down.

Speaking as someone who throws around 300ft with distance drivers, my 166g S-Line PD was ridiculously overstable. Dropped out of the sky really fast, really limited the distance for me. My 166g G-Line PD is much better, glides more and it still very overstable but not unreasonably so.

I had a P-Line PD that was amazing, it went straight for most of its flight with only moderate fade. I lost it a couple weeks after getting it, and the P-Line PD I got to replace it was like a totally different disc... waaaay more overstable. Not even close to the same disc. I dunno, maybe the PD runs are inconsistent or something.

That sucks because this freakishly way less overstable P-PD I had is like nothing I have ever thrown, and it was AWESOME. I could rely on it to never turn, but yet it didn't fade too much and it matched the distance I was getting from distance drivers which required more room to work. Almost couldn't believe it.

That sucks because this freakishly way less overstable P-PD I had is like nothing I have ever thrown, and it was AWESOME. I could rely on it to never turn, but yet it didn't fade too much and it matched the distance I was getting from distance drivers which required more room to work. Almost couldn't believe it.

Look for firm, patent tooled P-Lines. The PLH is really low on them and act like you're describing. I have a new untooled one that is a little beefier but nowhere near S-Line beefy. Not even Shield Stamp level of stability.

Look for firm, patent tooled P-Lines. The PLH is really low on them and act like you're describing. I have a new untooled one that is a little beefier but nowhere near S-Line beefy. Not even Shield Stamp level of stability.

Yeah it was a firmer one, what does "patent tooled" mean? The PLH was really low.

If I could know that this would reliably be available I'd totally throw it, but I'm not sure how to know I can get this specific type and I don't want to become reliant on a disc that I can't get in the future...

Latest posts