• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Trilogy Only Bag

I'm playing one in a few weeks. How did the Vandal fly? Never thrown one.

For my slower arm speed (280-300 feet) it flew pretty much straight-to-fade. I wasn't really able to get it to flip much but I was throwing nose up the couple of times I tried to use it. One of the guys on my card was using it for FH flex shots and it would hold the anny for a while before fighting out. I'm throwing my FH for distance these days and I didn't really like the feel but that's 100% personal preference. I did see someone from another card smash one about 350 feet on an absolute rope so there's some potential there.

Out of the 3 discs the Pure would be the only one I might consider bagging if I didn't already have a stack of Alpacas. The Warship was alright if you need a straight mid but it's not that much different from the other options on the market

River Recycled - I still throw these as I think I get the line and the glide but they haven't really clicked. Not sure if it's the plastic of the disc.
If there is one Trilogy mold that I would recommend to anyone not throwing 450+ it would be the River. I got some beat in Explorers that fly the same line, but lose almost 30' compared to the god glide Rivers.

Sword is also a really good feeling driver for 330+ throwers. At least for me the bit deeper rim compared to Trespass etc. provides me much better grip and more snap.

On the approach side the Culprit has been a very pleasant surprise. I couldn't forehand the Harp for the life of me. For some reason it just got stuck on my fingers. Suspect felt great, but was a bit too straight. Then I tried the Culprit and it was the perfect combination of stability and low profile feel.

PS. I've been throwing only Trilogy for probably 7 years and tried a lot of the molds. Hit rate hasn't been the greatest, but the ones I like I wouldn't change them for anything.

Last edited:
If there is one Trilogy mold that I would recommend to anyone not throwing 450+ it would be the River. I got some beat in Explorers that fly the same line, but lose almost 30' compared to the god glide Rivers.

Sword is also a really good feeling driver for 330+ throwers. At least for me the bit deeper rim compared to Trespass etc. provides me much better grip and more snap.

On the approach side the Culprit has been a very pleasant surprise. I couldn't forehand the Harp for the life of me. For some reason it just got stuck on my fingers. Suspect felt great, but was a bit too straight. Then I tried the Culprit and it was the perfect combination of stability and low profile feel.

PS. I've been throwing only Trilogy for probably 7 years and tried a lot of the molds. Hit rate hasn't been the greatest, but the ones I like I wouldn't change them for anything.

You mind sharing your bag in total? Would love to know what you have.

I'm playing one in a few weeks. How did the Vandal fly? Never thrown one.

A lot of people thought they were too finicky but mine made the bag. It's a good hyzerflip and push straight/slow drift right driver for the woods. Basically a straighter Stag. It's got enough stability that I was able to FH it and barely get it to fade at the end although my cardmates looked at me like I was a sorcerer. It's probably really straight for < 330' arms.

A lot of people thought they were too finicky but mine made the bag. It's a good hyzerflip and push straight/slow drift right driver for the woods. Basically a straighter Stag. It's got enough stability that I was able to FH it and barely get it to fade at the end although my cardmates looked at me like I was a sorcerer. It's probably really straight for < 330' arms.

I liked the Vandal, but couldn't intuit what it was going to do like the Stag or Bear. The sweet spot between it flipping and fading out early seemed very small with the two I had.

I liked the Vandal, but couldn't intuit what it was going to do like the Stag or Bear. The sweet spot between it flipping and fading out early seemed very small with the two I had.

I can see that. That's always a possibility with this slot. Had the same problem with Escapes.

This is exactly what I use a Northman for out to ~360

This is exactly my experience with the vandall. Come to think of it, my axiom insanity flies similar with the same flight numbers. Maybe I just can't get along with 9,5,-2,2?

You mind sharing your bag in total? Would love to know what you have.
Sure thing. As a reference, I throw golf lines up to 400'. I'll list the discs from US to OS.

Putters
EMAC Judge (Eco, putting only)
3x Wardens (Blend, Hard, Hybrid)
Culprit
Anvil

Mids
2xFuse (Opto and Glimmer Opto)
Supreme Trust

Fairways
Gold Saint Pro (very flippy for some reason)
2x Gold Rivers
Lauri Lehtinen Glimmer Explorer

Control Drivers
Supreme Escape (rather flippy for some reason)
Gold Burst Getaway (beat in, very straight)
2xFelon (GBO hybrid, Lucid)

Distance Drivers
4xSword (TP, VIP, TP, VIP-X)
Supreme Grace
Supreme Rive

I feel like I'm very happy with the bag, but as my form changes and discs beat in especially the distance drivers tend to come and go a bit. I have bagged Raiders, Trespasses and Kings as well over the past couple of years.

I just did a trilogy challenge and have some feedback for the three discs. Vandal and Warship have grippy, flexy plastic while the pure is rather firm.
-The Vandal is pretty neutral flying. With no wind or tailwind it could be released flat and maybe see some turn but always ending in a straight line out to 330+. The few headwind shots required notable hyzer and flipped to go straight.
-The Warship is nice and straight with a solid finish out to 300. It can handle all wind conditions well and flew great. Has some dome to it compared to an origio burst one I already had.
-The Pure putted smoothly, and it throws very well too. Forehanded successfully for scrambles as well, including a throw-in.

Latest posts