• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's in your bag that's not a disc?

clip on towel on my bag
Pencils
small notebook (for scores)
disc diver (golden retriever)

Need to add:

mini (currently use a broken disc i found)
bug spray
flashlight

Some of you folks haul around a lot of stuff...

I put the sun block and bug spray on before I start (if needed)...

In the bag:
2 minis (1 would just be lonely)
2 found pencils (anyone lose one???)
1 HTC Droid Eris cell phone with AccelGolf app for scorecard
1 Set of car keys (don't know where else to put them)
1 CamelBak 750ml BPA Free water bottle
1 MicroFiber with fine leaf particle disc/hand towel
3 Doggie Poo bags (actually for my dog...I'm pretty good at holding it when I'm playing disc golf)
1 Fine point Sharpie
1 Mashed granola bar (it's still good...honest!)
Lots of leaves and grass (the kind that grows in your lawn, not the kind some might smoke)

So do you guys with the knives, first aid kits, pictures of moms, and all that other stuff disc golf out in the mountains or something, or were you Boy Scouts?

So do you guys with the knives, first aid kits, pictures of moms, and all that other stuff disc golf out in the mountains or something, or were you Boy Scouts?

I take the knife and first aid kit so when I cut myself, I can fix myself. Duh.

I use my knife (Spyderco Military) to trim back trails, cut up apples, take flashing off a disc etc. Used it to cut apart part of a shirt the other day to create a makeshift bandage. My Swiss Army knife (Victorinox Farmer) has even more uses due to the tools. I keep a Victorinox Classic on my keychain too, mostly for the scissors and the tweezers (good for splinters). Once I climbed a tree and used the saw on the Farmer to cut off a dead branch that was only half attached to the tree at that point, then used that to retrieve a lost disc. Knives are useful for random situations like that.

In my bag:

Victorinox Farmer
Fenix P1 flashlight
Hand sanitizer
Sharpie
Lighter
Golfball
chapstick
microfiber towel
apple and a clif bar
iphone
speakers for my phone sometimes
ching mini bag with a mini not in it

For those who suggested sling shots for a stuck disc, I do not know If I am that bad at aiming, but I found baseballs or Lacrosse balls much more effective. I used to carry both and would toss someone in my group the ball and use the slingshot myself. The ball always seemed to get the knockout punch. If the small ammo from the slingshot hits anything it is usually knocked off course, where a ball is heavy enough to fly through some thick.

2 towels, deck of RIPT cards, few minis, sunblock, bug spray, sharpie, and scorecards.

1 Large MicroFiber Towel
2 Mini MicroFiber Towel
Large Folding Knife
Golden Retriever (disc retriever not the dog)
Sharpie
2 Disc Markers
Lighter

Have a lot of what everybody else has. One thing I didn't see were toothpicks. I find that an old Tabasco bottle works nice as a carrier for these devices. And if you don't wash it out so good, the first batch are a little snappy.;)

Also carry a trash bag to pick up trash and gather good karma. :)

-golf towel
-Sharpie
-spare change
-disc marker
-knife
-hand sanitizer
-bandana for keeping the melon from scorching

Couple things I have that I was surprised to not see listed in other bags....altoid container to hold stuff (cash, small piece of drywall sandpaper, pencils, bandaids, etc), small clipboard for scorecards, birdie/bogey beads, bagtag.

Pencil
Keys and phone when I'm playing
Minis (2 or 3)
Pencil (I have a hell of a time losing these though)
Single $$s for aces/ side wagers/ lapdances
Season passes to local courses (New Quarter, Newport News park)

Most of the other stuff, sunblock, bug spray, extra towels, pocket knife, water, beer, ect... I leave in the car most of the time and add it to the bag if I'm going to need it.

lighter, usually dead
sharpie, usually dry
pencil, usually broken
bandana, usually smelly
disposable poncho
cashews
old scorecards for scrap paper
LeatherMan
golf towel
Nalgene
SubZero thermos

And, as some on this site would include...

Polecat

Last edited:

Latest posts