• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's the best Overstable MID range

KC Pro roc I hear is pretty good, I like the whippet x which some refer to as a driver, I consider it a mid because it doesnt go much more than 200 for me.

The Drone is the most overstable mid...though much more overstable than the Boss is.

The drone is pretty overstable. I keep an understable roc, a stable roc, and a drone in my bag, and that gives me everything I need.

Star Gator is great. I prefer the Opto Core but it has a gradual turn as opposed to the Gator which is much more pronounced.

In order from Insanely Overstable to just plain Crazy Overstable:
Gateway Demon
Discraft Drone
Innova Gator

Gateway Demon hands down. I thought the drone was overstable, until I threw a demon.

The Drone is way overstable, especially in FLX, Pro D is just as stable out of the box, but it beats in quick.

Unless you have a **** ton of snap, or you're throwing into a 20+mph headwind, you're not going to turn over a drone.

Unless you have a **** ton of snap, or you're throwing into a 20+mph headwind, you're not going to turn over a drone.

Sorry, I should've have clarified, I was answering the OP's question of how overstable a Drone is.

Man, its been a long work week.

Well the boss of midranges would still have a little high speed turn, like a boss does for someone who throws them at the ideal cruising speed.

Yeah, My Rocs are very straight, they do fade, but not very much. So for holes I need some fade on I throw an evolution warrior.

Discraft WASP. Just enough overstability, but still versatile. Drone's aren't really that nice...unless for that 'perfect' shot...because then go, then die, then fall. Theyre good for upshots / approach in wind, but...Id rather throw a zone in that case.
i like a good WASP

Latest posts