• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's the coldest day you'll play?

Really, it depends on rain and wind. Usually when it's cold down here it's also rainy and/or windy. If it's not much wind and no rain, I'd play out in 30 (it rarely gets lower than 30 here during the day). But if it's windy or raining, I'm likely to not go out if it's 45. That wet/cold combo is just too darn much for me.

That said, I've been further north in colder temps, and I could probably play in the upper teens in those places. The cold just doesn't seem as bad there. I've never been in -0, so I don't know what that would do to me.

The weather app on my phone says 20 degrees, wind chill of zero, and there's a wind advisory because winds will be sustained 20-30 mph with gusts up to 50 all day. Oh, and there's a fresh layer of snow (only about an inch). I already went out and swept the pads off. Now that I have a cup of hot chocolate in me, I think I'll head out to throw.

If the sun is shining, I'm good to 10 below. I've played in snowshoes. If I'm outside, I may as well be frolfing - beats shoveling show.

I just shot a personal best -18 this morning in 6 degree wind chill. Three discs: medium Ascent, soft Ibex, seasoned SS Wizard.

Went out at 8 am. Forecast was for 8 degrees, but it was actually a balmy 10 degrees. I was very comfy in 3 warm layers and a hand warmer inside my "quarterback style" hand warmer. The key is that there was only a slight breeze, probably a wind chill around 0.

Went out at 8 am. Forecast was for 8 degrees, but it was actually a balmy 10 degrees. I was very comfy in 3 warm layers and a hand warmer inside my "quarterback style" hand warmer. The key is that there was only a slight breeze, probably a wind chill around 0.

I love the use of balmy LOAL.

i have played in -20 without the windchill, not sure what it was with that. pretty much i dont have a limit for cold, if i feel like playing im going to play until my body says no more

The wind chill yesterday morning was single digits I think. If not it was close. I've played with the air temp approaching zero and wind chills well into negative numbers.

Truth be told I prefer the cold over the 90 & 90 summer heat.

Cold temps don't really stop me. I used to cross country ski back in high school so I'm use to really cold temps. I really only stop playing when the course is snow covered. Don't care to look for discs in the snow.

I played yesterday and today in minneapolis. it was 9 and 25 respectively . I will play as long as I can still move and its not ice cold winds

I tend to not play if its below 20 deg's. My hands snap and pop and my body just doesnt move right in the colder temps. I like to ice fish when it gets that cold..

im as addicted to disc golf as they come. i can see throwing as hell is freezing over. today and yesterday were pretty cold but its all in the layers, convenience and comfortability, a balance between limiting restrictive layers but most importantly covering the vital areas from exposure. i find the easier to take off and put back on gloves the most effective. i use fatass leather industrial type gloves that are super warm and convenient.

proper attire is just as important as disc choice come winter.