• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats YOUR favorite max distance driver??

Beat P-PD on a helix, Sword for long straight/hyzer shots, and an ESP Nuke for long bombs. I only bust out the Nuke when I've got tons of room to work with though.

I've hit 450 on the course a few times lately with a domey champ vulcan. The LD50 is closer to 420 for me with this disc. Other discs that may work for this distance for me are a flat star vulcan with a bit of tail wind, a pro katana with a lot of tail wind, and echo wraith with some headwind (lots of headwind and i'm lucky to hit 400, prolly still throw the wraith).

^^ too flippy for me ..

You try a max weight CFR yet ?

It's more
images

Pro Wraith 175, my first and favorite, new ones aren't the same as the one I bought 3-4 years ago.

Sidewinder (Champ) for a consistent replaceable driver. Actually surprised no one else said Sidewinder yet.

My Proto Starchon.... flex shot extraordinaire. I can throw other discs farther, but it just isnt as majestic

I don't really have a favorite one. I enjoyed my Champ Beast for a while until I lost it last week. My GL Flow works pretty well, I just need to learn that one a bit more. Otherwise I just stick with my TL for most of my drives as I geet some great distance and control with it.

My Proto Starchon.... flex shot extraordinaire. I can throw other discs farther, but it just isnt as majestic

I feel ya on that one. I got two of those proto's and love them for that. My main goto max D's are Pro Katana and Pro destroyer.

For absolute max, all out D, 168g Pro Boss. It flips and glides foreeeeeeeever. Gotta be poppy top, though.

However, now I'm getting to really like the Destroyers. Not as much flip and more glide. I thought I had a "bad" drive on a hole today that ended up to be 450'. I was dumbfounded and convinced that I may have a new main long-d driver...

Z NukeSS 167. I can bomb that bad boy 400+ on a good throw. 450 on my very best. Before that it was my Champ Monarch172 but I can only grab about 300 on it.

how can you get 450 with a nukeSS but only 300 with a monarch?

at the moment, it is my 171 GL flow. I used to have 2 different weight orcs that i loved. But I picked up my flows and they took over.