• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats your favorite midrange and why?!

Nice to see all the Gator love but I'm gonna have to say Aftershock. Most consistent disc in my bag

Man I love my mids, I have way more mids than drivers in my bag. I carry a Comet, Meteor, Stingray, Mako, FLX Drone, FLX Buzz and a Roc. Usually putt with a Pure, But lately my Mako has been money.

I def. carry more mids in my bag than drivers - I got 3 wasps, 4 comets, 2 drones, and 2 challengers for approaches...

MD2, definitely. The flat C-lines fly straight and neutral on most every line (after deflashing), hold terrific anhyzers and hyzers, and aren't bothered by 30mph headwinds, they just go straight from a flat release. The only thing they don't shine at are low power finesse shots.

Enter the baselines, P and D-MD2. Starts out like a brand new C-Line, very HSS and a small, consistent fade at the end. The magic starts to happen as you season it. It loses that fade and gets just dead nuts straight for a while, even on very low power shots. Practically zero turn and fade, plenty of glide, more wind and OAT resistance than a Comet. After that it turns into a very controllable understable mid in the vein of the Fuse. If you want this process to be faster, get the D-Line. If slower, get the P-Line (though I've yet to actually beat a P-Line to understable, even the most beat ones are still squarely in the neutral category).

Buzzz, I have three of them but my favorite is the ESP one I have. They are just too versatile to not love them, even brand new. You don't have to wait for them to beat in like you would with a Roc.

Core. A straight stable disc. It can be thrown anny and hold the line, hyzer and hold the line or flat and straight. And it fits my hand better than any other mid I've thrown.

Ching Legacy

My first go to midrange is the Ching Legacy. Holds any line and has very little fade in the end. When I travel and only bring a small bag it can double as a putter. Also love the Core for straight and slight fade shots. But the Legacy is better holding an Annie than the Core (for me).

I would've said Roc until yesterday, but after throwing my Core, I might have to change. I'll have to throw the Core more, but yesterday it flew like a dream. Exactly what I was hoping for.

Best disc ever...Sirius Plastic Millennium Aurora MS

Can do any shot a Roc can do, more distance, indestructible. Nuff Said. You can stop the thread now. LOL

Core. A straight stable disc. It can be thrown anny and hold the line, hyzer and hold the line or flat and straight. And it fits my hand better than any other mid I've thrown.

Second that. Completely reliable.

Right now my favorite is my Skeeter, flies straight with a little fade at the end. Something a noob like me needs.

Fuse.

The glide on it and the ability to carry well with just a flick of the wrist and I am in heaven. One of my best shots is a FH touch approach with a Fuse believe it or not.

I have a favorite tandem; Pain & Fuse. The Pain is a great stable mid for drives on shorter holes, under 250, and the Fuse is accurate like no other for technical shots. In the woods, I use my Fuse for all shots, except when I need a good Hyzer.

Comet ... just a good ol workhorse mid..point and shoot..it will pretty much do whatever i want it to .. and most of the time thats a good thing :p

I carry a Discraft trifecta. Hornet, Buzzz, Meteor. Love them all, but if there is one to pick as my favorite its the Meteor. Goes left, goes straight, goes right. Very predictable & very forgiving.

Axis by a long shot...I've thrown and still throw buzz's, wasps, rocs, and vectors but I trust my axis to do most of my mid work...the truest flying disc on the market hands down

Latest posts