• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats your favorite midrange and why?!

Z Buzz is my go to mid has been for a while.

What I like about it

1. Easily replaceable
2. Does decently in a wind situation
3. Controllable
4. Beats in predictably
5. easy to FH and BH (no Bead issues)

Cheers - Koffee

Coyote. Because it does everything that a good mid-range should do. Though only the flat coyotes.

What a Roc wishes it could be.

Any type of Roc....it's the best disc hands down:

1) Can hold any line you put it on
2) It's good no matter if it's brand new or seasoned
3) Can take any amount of speed/power and fly great distances
4) Only disc that can be used for everything you need during a round of DG
5) Can be used as a putter, a driver or an approach disc
6) Can handle the wind
7) Always has the same reliable finish to its flight..

END OF POSTS>>>>THE ROC IS THE BEST

It's been said before, and I'll say it again....the Fuse.

It'll glide like a U.F.O and if you release it with a slight hyzer, it'll straighten out and float for days. Plus the beautiful colorshift as an added bonus? I'm sold.

Any type of Roc....it's the best disc hands down:

1) Can hold any line you put it on
2) It's good no matter if it's brand new or seasoned
3) Can take any amount of speed/power and fly great distances
4) Only disc that can be used for everything you need during a round of DG
5) Can be used as a putter, a driver or an approach disc
6) Can handle the wind
7) Always has the same reliable finish to its flight..

END OF POSTS>>>>THE ROC IS THE BEST

Wow, I'm really getting tired of people calling different discs better than all others.

I've been using a Opto Fuse/Q Sentinel Combo for a couple of months now and love them both very much. They pretty much cover any scenario.

Turnover - Fuse
Anny - Fuse
Tailwind drives 300' or less - Fuse
Light to no headwind approaches with danger on the left - Fuse
Hyzer - Either disc
Spike Hyzer - Q Sentinel
Stall Hyzer - Q Sentinel
Light to strong headwind Drives/Approachs 275' or less - Q Sentinel
Short Drive/Approach with Danger to the right - Q Sentinel
Tunnel Shot - Either disc but adjust height and power and which side of the fairway to aim down.

Wow, I'm really getting tired of people calling different discs better than all others.

It was a post your favorite midrange....I did as requested....That is my opinion...you can either agree or disagree...but don't be a DB and get saucey because I put forth my opinion...:mad: Don't single me out of the other twenty or thirty responders who said the Buzzz, Fuse, Spider, Coyote, etc...was the best...as I've said before..."Lighten Up Francis!"

My longtime favorite is the QMS.
Thrown hard, it will go straight and fade at the end.
It will hold a hyzer and anny and it will go very straight.
I have used Rocs and Fuses and Comets and Meteors and Stingrays and lots of others, but I always come back to the QMS.

I have a long history with Spiders and 2 aces with them... But once I got a GL Fuse I never found a use for a spider again. My most used Mids are the Fuse and Roc but I am also a huge fan of my Vector (which I recently aced with) as well as my Stingrays.

I used to say Stingray hands down but I am pushing these out way too far for conventional mid range shots now (100-220 for me). I find myself overthrowing 250 foot holes with it.

Fuses are great but the Core is hands down my fav. The grip is just right for my hand. Straight shots, predictable fades, easly turned over. Its my go to mid.

Same here. Fuse lacks the stability for me to use it on anything but touch and trick shots, feels like I'm throwing a Zephyr or something. I use the Core for shots 150'-330'. Although the Core turns over a little on any shot over 225', its a real nice and predictable slow veer (no more than 10' off the original trajectory). Nice less stable complement to my DX/Champ Gators (Core goes further/doesn't fade unless I hyzer it) and feels like a reliable shorter T-bird when I used for placement drives.

i've been using a GL fuse, opto fuse, GL pain combo for a bit now. has been working really well. i benched my core when i fixed some wrist roll issues i was having and am now able to control the fuse.

GL Fuse: straight throws, slight left/right action
Opto Fuse: anhyzers and turnovers
GL Pain: hyzers and windy conditions

Ignoring the Roc/Buzzz debate...

Drone all the way. Workable, dependable, durable. I can throw it RHBH/RHFH/RHOH/LHBH and always know how it will fly.

If I'm going by what's actually called a mid-range, it would be the Buzzz ..

That being said, I use a beat Pro-D Zone for most mid-range duties. The Buzzz only comes out when I need to turn something over. I just aced last week with a Zone. You can put a little bit of anny on a beat Pro-D Zone, and it will flex out a LONG ways.

Roc, Buzzz, Comet, blah, blah, blah. I can get any of them to do what I want with a good lie, but for those unsightly lies I seem to be shackled with frequently, my Champ Panther is the goods.

Just drove up dead center to the base of a big guard tree with 40' to carry to the basket? Straddle out and anny flick around that sucker (and maybe another!) and smack the chains.

Need to thread two impossibly tight saplings and punch through leaves along the way? BH or flick as you choose.

Your drive leave you short and 15' deep in heavy trees to the left? Flick an overhand roller hard at the ground and watch it bounce, trot, curve, and sit next to the pin you can't see.

The driver like profile lends itself to some helpful low long approach lines, but it is the close approach work in the trenches that makes this disc shine.

My favorite is the DX Rancho Roc. Max weight is OK, but I prefer around 172-4. A nice round shoulder is better than a flat-top. While fun when new, Rocs definitely improve with age. The more beat the better I say.

Latest posts