• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your most valued disc (NOT $$)

I've lost both of mine :( First was a JK Aviar that was my first putter, lost it in deep water when a wind gust caught it on a drive. The other was my first ace disc, a Lightning #1 Hyzer(lol) beat to hell, 250' straight shot in a field, FH, dead straight to the chains.

I think it's time to retire my only other ace discs. A Striker and a XXX that I've had in the bag since they were released. The Striker aced a 350' hole FH that finished right tucked behind some trees. And the XXX aced a <200' hole through a 5' wide tunnel on a skip shot. I'm trying to beat in some more strikers and xxx's to replace them, but opto plastic takes forever... I think I might go throw some catch with the newer ones skipping them off the road :)

11x KC pro teebird. Not because of $$ but because it was the first disc I bough myself in 2002. It was also my first ace disc.

Two discs come to mind for me.

2013 Brent Hambrick Memorial, completely flat-topped max weight, clear crystal comet. I've never felt a non-domed comet before, and this is pancake flat. I love it. Great grip, perfectly neutral flight that will do whatever it is you put into its release. It's a woods carver, and I've never found another comet like it. I love that disc.

The other is my max-weight Wham-O 71 Mold that I purchased new, never thrown, about two years ago. It's still in fanstastic shape and if it's within 180' and needs a no skip, slow approach that immediately stops on ground contact, this disc is a thing of beauty.

The comet sees a lot of action, but the 71 Mold only gets used in the right situations; when that situation occurs, man is it nice to have in the bag. I don't know that either disc could ever be found a replacement if they were lost or beat unusable, so they have to be my most valued discs.

(I also have a max-weight GL Saint that has 5 aces on it that would be hard to get rid of, but I can more easily find Saints that match its flight. The fact that it has found chains so often would be the only great loss)

Two discs that I'll never throw again and are hanging on the wall in my office are my two ace discs: Champion Viking (RHBH Ace), and ESP Force (RHFH Ace).

But honestly, the Star Firebird (S/FB) that I carry in my bag would probably put me into a month long depression if I ever lost it.

My most valued disc is a 176g Glo Stalker that I bought a couple of years ago. It's my most used disc other than my putters. Currently, it's sitting in about 4' of mucky water because I clipped a tree right at the end of a tunnel gap and it was sent into the drink last weekend. Since it's -40 degrees outside and the floor of this particular water hazard is incredibly muddy, I am not attempting to get it. Now I only have 1 Stalker to my name and it is on the darker shade of blue. Just ordered 3 more, bright colored 176g Z Stalkers (2-Glo & 1-Bright Red) to have as backups. Tough loss but not a big deal since I only throw molds that I can replace for -$20 a piece.

It has to be a SuperStingray stamped with my name honoring membership in the Secret Society of Burros.

And a 97 World's Aviar signed by Kenny, Stan and Elaine.

Mine would be my Ace Race 2014 Trophy disc, it's a Supercolor Buzzz. Definitely a wall hanger and not a thrower.

My pretty blue champ groove my buddy gave me, one of the farthest flying discs I've ever thrown.

My signature highlights the workhorses, but if I had to pick the the hardest specific disc to replace I'd say my 156 gram Air Truth. It's really a miracle worker for me.

My signature highlights the workhorses, but if I had to pick the the hardest specific disc to replace I'd say my 156 gram Air Truth. It's really a miracle worker for me.

Misinterpreted the OP. Still this ^ because I won't likely throw this low of a weight when I move away from Japan. Additionally, I recently had an 11 X Firebird returned to me that I had bought and started using from the beginning, decade ago. That thing radiates nostalgia.

My first tourney ace disc, a Proton Anode.
I also kept one of the nicest discs from each of the sanctioned tournaments I was TD of. Included are some SUPER swirly Wizards, and a Classic Truth that has a one of a kind stamp done by hand at the Dynamic Discs distribution center.
I also have a one-off unstamped strawberry scented Classic Judge that is currently in my bag.
In my collection I also have seven (50 made total) of the McCabe/Feldberg sparkle Saints that were released as a fundraiser for Worlds.

Any of my Star Leopards. Any time that I am having a bad round driving, I'll go to my dependable Leopards and get the shots going a predictable path without sacrificing much distance. I'll even throw them at shots under 200 that need to hold a line or bail my sorry @$$ out when I muff my throw with a distance driver.

Probably my Ti Stalker, since they're OOP. Such a great disc and one of the few Ti colors that isn't muddy, bright steel blue. Close second would be my beat P Envy, it flies perfectly straight now.

Star Valkyrie that my stepson dyed for me. He came out from the west coast and spent several years worth of college vacations renovating our house. After working all day we would go play one of the local doubles leagues in the evening, or just play one of the local courses.

I do not miss living in a construction site, but the dyed Valk is a nice reminder of many enjoyable evenings hucking plastic.

Mine is a first run Westside Northman. It a 155 gram hyzer flippin monster.
Absolutely the worst color ever for throwing, its clear, so I back dyed it with dark blue dye, now its even harder to find. :doh:
Westside has never run Northmans that light since, so its irreplaceable. :|

I have plenty of 3 figure discs, some bagged, some put away, but its the Northman that would cripple my game the most if it went away.

Somebody needs to tell the horgen yorgens over in Lapland to mold up a few more. I no speaka the Reindeer. It is close to Wookiee ?

My R-Pro Ontario Rhynos. Not worth much but my favorite approach discs ever.

First ace disc. 11x Teebird.

My second week in Phoenix. Hit one during league at Vista Del Camino.

It was worth $200+. So we went to Dukes and I spent it all on pitchers of beer, and the tip of course.

Latest posts