• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats your primary flick driving disc and why?

Firebird is the most consistent for me. No matter what I know it will finish right with a little skip. If I need a bit more of a straight line, I'll throw my super stable 11X champ teebird.

For long open shots I throw a Champ Boss with a nice s curve and for tighter straighter drives I use my surge(cant remember the plastic)

200 and in esp Zone, this disc has changed my score( FH&BH)
200-300 using a z flick, if i need to finish with a strong fade or have room for some skip
300-375 im using a lat64 striker if its a tight shot, if its more open going with 165g flat star destroyer.
375+ im screwed when it comes to FH but will try a nuke OS on a flex and really torque it
and trust that it will always come back.
i like these disc for their flat tops and lower profiles for throwing FH.

250 or under z zone
250-300 cryztal flx drone
300-350 c-pd2
350+ esp nuke (open max distance drives)
350+ z force (long straight lines)

Recently lost my z zone and left my pd2 laying in the fairway. Now i have to replace both. Hit me up if you have any used ones lol.

I primarily backhand, but for approach flicks 75 - 150ft away I use my Champ Banshee, and for getting the most distance my opto Striker (Up to about 220 - 240ft.).

Under 290' Buzzz

Under 320' Gazelle

Over 320' Avenger SS

Over 370' Blizard Katana

I can't believe I'm going to be the second person on here so say Star Xcal. They are money for my forehand.

I'm pretty bad at flicking, but the only thing I can really get anywhere close to straight is a Z Reaper. Threw a blizz destroyer a few times the other day and might pick one up to flick

I carry three discs just for forehand.

Straight shots.
ESP Avenger: Beat to hell and back.

Shots that need some fade.
ESP Avenger: New, not beat in.

Got to get around this ****ing "add object here" shot.
HPP Gateway Spirit

Distance: one of the Halos in my bag, depending on wind, desired flight, etc...
Approaches: Firebird, Eagle
Short Range: Buzzz, Sentinel, Pure or Zone

Eagle X - very straight
Firebird - when I need a bit harder fade.

Use both to hit up to 350 ft.
Longer than that I usually only throw a destroyer. Although I did hit 420 the other day forehanding a bolt on a hyzer flip.

Depends on the shot, but mainly a CE FX or 150g Z Flick for distance. Whippets for shorter shots, spikes, extreme turns, and get out of trouble shots. Forehand or backhand, whippets are amazing

Short Range: Z Buzzz

Long Range Straight: Champion TeeBird

Long Range Flex and Hyzer: Z Predator