• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

where to go this week? short DG trip.

tomdizzlefizzle

Eagle Member
Doing another short DG Trip from Madison WI this week Thursday 26th through Sunday 29th! Narrowed it down to Quad Cities or St Louis possibly do both. Where would you rather go? I'm leaning towards Quad Cities at the moment.

Duck Creek goes thru 3 Quad Cities courses; Devil's Glen, Middle Park, and Eastern Ave. Eastern was still muddy in June. The back of Middle was still muddy then, too. The 2 holes along the Creek, at Devil's Glen, had evidence of flooding.

The steep elevation at Camden II would be scary muddy this time of year.

West Lake should drain well :) Prospect would probably drain well too? Into the pond and the dry creek towards the end of the course? Butternut probably drains well into the creek at the bottom of the hill.

Those are my thoughts on the QC. I haven't been to St. Louis in years.

Have a great time man!

Quad cities has better courses although the weather could be warmer in St. Louis. Foundation park in Centralia, IL is a must play if your around the St. Louis area. I also liked souix passage down there too.

Edit, the cave course is just south of St. Louis too. I haven't played it though.

I haven't hit Quad Cities, but it's on my list of upcoming trips.

WCG's soooooooo right about Foundation Park in Centralia...phenomenal course. Sioux Passage is loads of fun plus they just opened another 18 hole course in that park. Indian Camp Creek is another winner in the St Louis area. Crystal City isn't the be all and end all, but it truly is a one of a kind discing experience... plus you can do it at night after you've eaten dinner and recharged. :thmbup:

Thanks for the info guys. I'm now leaning towards st Louis because I may not have a chance to go there (if i dont go now)for sometime. Q cities is only 3 hours from my house so I can go there later. Or possibly I'll drive there Saturday. Any ways any info on possible private courses, course conditions and what I should/ shouldn't play will be great. Also food and brewery info(I love hops!) would be great as well.

Just be aware that there are 2 C tier events this weekend. Sat at Willmore and JB and sun at Souix Passage. Suggested courses include Rock Spring in Alton, Endicott, Carrollton, Ranch at El Shaddai, Indian Camp Creek, Logan University and Souix Passage on Sat and JB and Willmore on Sun.

Thanks for the heads up. I ended up in QC after all. just had to play west lake and Camden 2 I guess.

Latest posts