• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where to stop on a drive to Northern, WI?

If you had to choose only ONE course to play heading north?

• Sandy Point Resort (only an hour out of the way)

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Tower 1 - on the way

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Tower 2 - also on the way

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skippy0420

Eagle Member
I would not like to be on the road all day so I am going to limit myself to ONE round on the way so I can get to the resort at a decent time(for dinner that night).

From Milwaukee to Birchwood, WI if people are mapping stuff out...

Last edited:
Sandy Point is a good experience. Towers are good as well. Sandy is short and wooded; Tower's are longer and wooded. There are a lot of other good courses near Tower as well.

Sandy Point is a good experience. Towers are good as well. Sandy is short and wooded; Tower's are longer and wooded. There are a lot of other good courses near Tower as well.

Yea, my problem is that I honestly have time for ONE round. I stoped at multiple places last year and I felt like I was really rushing to get through them and not enjoying them. Looking for a nice casual drive north. Stop for food, stop for some DG and get to the lake for some fishing. I am going to play three courses that are close to the resort while I am there:

UW-BC Campus Greens

Cumberland HS DGC

Fiddler's Creek

Sandy Point is probably your best bet as a one stop course. Plan a full day; or more, sometime in the future to do the Eau Claire area courses.

Thanks for the info... So far, sounds like a plan...

I believe that sometime in the Fall i'll have a group together for a Highbridge weekend. Eau Claire is no too bad of a drive but the FAR north is a haul for a weekend....

Take I43 north to Green Bay and then jog over to Winter Park in Kewaunee. You can take WI 29 back over to Wausau and I39/US51 to get to your final destination.

Winter Park is a more unique and well balanced course than any you mention. But if you're not into going out of the way, I'd say Sandy Point. While it is all wooded and shorter, if you like quiet wooded courses, you will LOVE it there!

Thank for the idea. I don't think that I want to head the Green Bay route. I am really leaning to Sandy Point. 18 days! :clap:

For a single player through Sandy Point how long should I expect the round to be???? (would be getting there around 10AM on a Saturday if that matters)

Standing Rocks and Yulga are both quality; I like Big Eau Pleine as well. Yulga the fastest to play of the three. S. Rocks kind of difficult to navigate and Big Eau Pleine can be a looking in the tall grass kind of course; if you're off the fairway. S. Point will take an hour or so to play....not a real long course; easy to negotiate. Navigation at the Tower courses can be slightly tricky.

Stevens Point is a 'driveable' distance for a long day trip/weekend. Trying to knock a course out that is a haul since I have to be so far north anyway. Thanks for the info, I will keep those in mind for my next DG weekend.....

What campground? I'll be staying at Broken Bow campground for the Northwoods open Labor day weekend. Site #45:)

ill be at the one right in downtown Lac Du Flambeau im leaving tomorrow wed and playin standing rocks on the way up and sandy point prolly friday and sunday

Latest posts