• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where would you?

If there were no liability/safety/cost/pedestrian issues, I think it'd be fun to play in a downtown area, having to hit alley tunnel shots, different floors of a parking garage, in/out of windows or balconies, meathook around buildings. Would be interesting to throw off a skyscraper, if I knew I wouldn't hurt anyone.

As soon as the zombie apocalypse hits I'm grabbing some discs and heading downtown.

I'd put mine on the moon and make the holes like 3000-4000'.

There may not be any aerodynamics, but gravity is 1/6 of earth. Perhaps you're too young to remember that Buzz Aldrin[Apollo 11] used a 5 iron and hit a golf ball at least 1/4 mile on the moon. So, no hyzers or anhyzers, just distance.

Last edited:
On the Mall in Wash DC around all the monuments. Or a 40000 target course (par 150000) along the entire length of the Appalachian trail.

re: Downtown golf

They do this, in some fashion, in Asheville, NC. I think it's Urban Skins, at the end of a tournament, for a handful of players who qualified during the tournament.

re: Downtown golf

They do this, in some fashion, in Asheville, NC. I think it's Urban Skins, at the end of a tournament, for a handful of players who qualified during the tournament.

Any idea who runs this? Might have an insurance question or three, if it ever gets to the point where we'll want to run an event. Sent an email to a manager of the company who owns the property, autoreply says on vacation until the 2nd.

hmmmm....
Well, if I could also be the "greens keeper" of the course as well....I would have to say either the Puna or Patagonia. But I would want the facility capable of not only holding a Worlds but capable of housing those players on site as well.
if i couldnt be greens keeper, I would think that Devils Lake (WI) could have an EPIC course on site. Especially along the East and South part of the park.

If there were no liability/safety/cost/pedestrian issues, I think it'd be fun to play in a downtown area, having to hit alley tunnel shots, different floors of a parking garage, in/out of windows or balconies, meathook around buildings. Would be interesting to throw off a skyscraper, if I knew I wouldn't hurt anyone.

beat me to it....my thoughts exactly:thmbup:

beat me to it....my thoughts exactly:thmbup:

That's why it has to be part of a "guerilla" tourney. Think downtown skateboarding and disc golf....throw up some portables and go. It'd probably have to be later in the evening, maybe even a night tourney, to avoid max congestion. Work through the city for 9 holes or so towards a city park to finish up in safety. :)

within any Giant Redwood forest...

How 'bout carving a tunnel through a redwood trunk and make that a mand from the tee?

Some place sea or lakeside.

Last edited:
within any Giant Redwood forest...

or my grandmas house.

images

YES! On top of Mt. Washington would be pretty wild too. It would make the GBO look like a gentle breeze! I'd also love to have a course in the mill building where I work. There are some crazy shots available on the roof, as well as across the river and waterfall that used to power it when it was still an active mill.

Last edited:
Imagine a benderhawk on the moon :eek: Probably hit myself in the back of the head...

Such dreamers.....my answer would be much much more modest. My first choice would be the 50 acres beside us. My second choice would be the 90 acres behind us.

But in the money's-no-object category, I might rent out DisneyWorld for a day and put in the craziest temp course ever seen.

Latest posts