• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which DGCR member has played the most courses?

Agreed! And full of faulty logic. Just playing in more PDGA events doesn't mean a player's rating will increase. I am on my way to playing 500 courses and have played over 275 PDGA events. However, my PDGA rating is currently 846 and dropping lower every year (I am still rated higher than Joshua)!

Regarding actual proof, Joshua's PDGA rating is only 821, not 841. https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/17000#MA3

and by the way PDGA had me listed as a 829. Math is good if you know how to use it. Fact

LOL. My opinion still remains the same. I only played in one event. I won that one event. I beat a player in that one event who was rated "875". To this very day, I have only played 25 courses. What is the point of bragging about playing 1000 courses if you are garbage at all of them.

What's the point of being "garbage" on a handful of courses, over and over, when you can be "garbage" on an endless variety of courses?

I don't know if anyone's bragging about playing 1,000 courses, but they have my envy. When I traveled a lot and was in better health, there weren't many courses; now I don't get out much, and there are thousands of new courses to be seen and played. I'm going to be a bad player regardless, but I'm a happier bad player experiencing new courses.

Dear Mr. Hester,

Get whatever it is you want out of the game.
Let others get what they want out of it.
As long as people don't affect each other's ability to get what they want out of it, who cares?

If the courses played stat was only visible to ourselves, we'd all still use it wouldn't we? If only to check off where we've played, versus where we haven't.

I'm sure some people like to click off movies they've seen, trails they've hiked, craft beers they've drank. I don't see where what we do here is any different.

It's part of our history.

When I started playing, 100 courses played was an amazing feat that only a handful of guys I knew had done. It was rare because there were seven courses in Missouri. I think there were less than 1,000 in the U.S. There were two courses in St. Louis. Unless you wanted to play the same 36 holes of golf forever, you drove. The disc golf road trip was just something we did. It beat the Hell out of playing the same 36 holes over and over.

Did it make me any better? Nope. Not a bit. Was getting any better the reason I traveled? Nope. Had nothing to do with it. We just traveled around for fun. Went to some places I'd never been before, threw some Frisbees, ate some White Castle, slept in some cars, crashed on some couches of dudes I barely knew, got up and threw more Frisbees. It's what disc golfers do. Good disc golfers just get away with throwing the Frisbees fewer times.

I think it's cool that it's still a big part of disc golf. I mean, I traveled around in the 90's and topped out at 30-something courses played. We ran out of courses, made the same trips multiple times because there were no new course to go see, that sort of thing. Now it seems like there are always new courses, always more place to go in a reasonable driving distance. You can get 200, 300 course played if you keep it up. That's awesome.

The flip side is that people have more options near home, so they don't HAVE to road trip to avoid playing the same 36 holes over and over. They still do, though. I think it's awesome that people can hit 1,000 courses played. I think it's awesome that somebody who has a dozen courses within an hours drive of their house would keep driving and play 200-300 courses. As much as disc golf has changed (and it has changed a lot) it's refreshing that we are still wasting fossil fuels in search of baskets.

tl;dr: Lighten up, it's what we do.

Few 1000 rated players will hit 1000 courses played. There's a bit of a conflict of interest as those 1000 rated players are often playing the same circuit of courses over and over building their ratings, and it wouldn't be very prudent to play new courses taking away precious practice time on the tourney courses, or lowering their rating playing all new courses in tourneys.

Few 1000 rated players will hit 1000 courses played. There's a bit of a conflict of interest as those 1000 rated players are often playing the same circuit of courses over and over building their ratings, and it wouldn't be very prudent to play new courses taking away precious practice time on the tourney courses, or lowering their rating playing all new courses in tourneys.
It also bears mentioning that a great deal of courses in the directory aren't the type of courses a highly competitive player would desire. 7500 courses in the directory. More than half disappear just by filtering to 18+ holes. Set a minimum distance of 6000 ft (which isn't all that stellar) and more than 80% of them are gone. Pros aren't going to bother with nine holers and pitch and putts three states away.

Disc golf has always had that element to it as well. You will have an average/OKish course near a better course and there will be players that flat-out refuse to play the average course with comments like "It's too easy" or "It's a waste of my time."

I mean, it's disc golf. It's ALL a waste of my time. That's kinda the point. :|

This is why I play so many courses . . . look at all the places I have been plus all the cool people I've met. Add in I'm bettering my course design skills with every new course I play.

Attachments

• Courses Played.jpg
    Courses Played.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 48
Disc golf to me is one of my places of worship, the gym being the other. But when I play, I go to get away from LIFE and enjoy the time on the course that I'm playing. ROAD TRIPS take away the monotony of playing the same course, over and over again. Plus, it gives me a chance to meet others in the DISC GOLF community and share and enjoy a round to just chill. We're NOT pros so to shoot those rounds that we see on YouTube or wherever, is just ridiculous. I'm happy just playing and when the noobs that I bring are doing well and also having fun. Isn't THAT the point?

Female DGCR member who has played the most disc golf courses

I just realized that I have been holding the "unofficial" record for most disc golf courses played by a female for quite some time now!

I have played 433 DGCR courses (plus unlisted courses). Only 13 DGCR ladies have played more than 150 courses. Second place has 236 played. Again, this is just among female DGCR members.

On my way to 500 played.:hfive:

I just realized that I have been holding the "unofficial" record for most disc golf courses played by a female for quite some time now!

I have played 433 DGCR courses (plus unlisted courses). Only 13 DGCR ladies have played more than 150 courses. Second place has 236 played. Again, this is just among female DGCR members.

Hey Mashnut . . . how many courses has your significant other played? Sorry I forgot her name.

Sorry Discette. You're not quite as safe as you thought. SheilaT (cefire's girlfriend) is just two places behind you with 427 courses played.

Sorry Discette. You're not quite as safe as you thought. SheilaT (cefire's girlfriend) is just two places behind you with 427 courses played.

I sorted by Female, so I missed any members that did not choose a gender. Sheila was probably in the lead these last few years. My course count climbs very slowly and she apparently hasn't logged onto DGCR for a few years.

"mashnut" is a composite name of Matt, Ashley, and their dog Peanut (RIP). Mash may be a fan of *M*A*S*H, but his online name is not about a tv show nor the movie...

So, Ashley kind of does have an account here... She and Matt have very similar courses played numbers and would very take the title here.

Mashie needs to change genders on his/her/pup profile at least once a day, so Ashley can get into internet bragging rights. Lol

I've been absent too long. I didn't know Peanut passed to that Great DG Course in the sky.

Haven't been around much lately but saw this mention. Peanut's old but not dead! And sorry Discette ;), Ashleigh has played every one of the courses on my list (and another ~20 unlisted courses), we've never played a course without each other. I haven't been able to find a woman with a higher played number than her so far.

Latest posts